CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 11, 2010

First Day Of School


Well hello blog friends!! Seems like its been forever since I have scrapped anything! I have a few to upload today but unfortunately am running against the clock as Matt's first OFFICIAL Football game is tonight and I have yet to get in the shower, figure out what they are going to eat before the game, etc. So for now, I will just post this one. I LOVE it! I am playing along with the Sketch-a-thon over at Sketches For You and this layout is based on a sketch by Liz Qualman for one of the challenges. Head on over and see what else is going on for Sketch-a-thon. I used some leftover pieces of Bo Bunny paper, the letter paper I am not sure who makes but I have had it for years! Still have another piece too! The apple die cut has also been in my stash from when I used to do swaps and that hasn't happened since 2002 (since I went back to work Full Time)!! See...I never get rid of ANYTHING! The "chalkboard" was made using Coredinations Black Magic paper with the cream center and I sanded it lightly to make it look like it had chalk erased from it. My kids laughed at me when I asked them if it looked like a chalkboard! What do they know! That's it for now! I will be back tonight or tomorrow with the rest!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Debbie

Great layout Susan! Have always loved those first day of school pictures! I miss those days.

Betty Anne
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betty Anne

Love your layout Susan. Using the core-dinations paper for the chalkboard was a great idea, I may just have to give it a try.
I have a little something for you on my blog so please pop over for a look. http://letsgetscraphappy.blogspot.com/2010/09/i-received-one-lovely-blog-award.html

Post a Comment