CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sometimes


Lately I have been battling with my pre-teen 12 year old daughter over what seems like EVERYTHING. So rather than do another "You're the best" or "So Cute" layout I decided that its OK to do a layout that may not exude happiness. I don't always do a lot of journaling on my pages but I think this one called for an explanation of the title. The journaling reads:

"Now that you are entering the tough years of being a teenager, I can see that things are changing so quickly. You are not the little girl you used to be and sometimes I think you are trying to grow up too fast. You have an attitude that you never had before and sometimes you even lie straight to my face. We don’t see eye to eye on everything and sometimes you get very angry with me. But even though sometimes you make me crazy and I wonder how I’m going to survive your adolescent years, I will ALWAYS love you and have to remind myself that you are a lot like I was when I was your age and sometimes I drove my mom crazy too!"

I used papers from the Mix & Mend line from Sassafrass Lass and added flowers from my stash (AC Moore cheapies!!) and some bling. The sketch is by Becky Fleck of Pagemaps and I did this one for the SGOTM Challenge at Sketches 4 You.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Brenda

What a great premise for a layout. Scrapbooking is so important in helping us work through things!

Emily

Yes, SOMETIMES it is perfectly OK to do a layout that is completely truthful and maybe not so happy. Great LO.

bakscrap

How wonderful this is Susan! My 7 year old is so moody already, I can hardly wait for adolescence!

Post a Comment