CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 15, 2012

I've Been Inspired!

I know that its been quite a while since I've blogged....or scrapped.  I get a layout done and post it with the title "I'M BACK" only to disappear again!  So I'm NOT going to say I'm back....BUT I have been scrapping.  Not so much in the traditional sense, but I started doing Project Life and after week 16 (or is it 15...I forget) I still love it as much as I did week 1.  Its not like anything I've done before but as the weeks go by I'm finding that I am getting scrapppier with the things I include each week.  I will get pictures up of that project eventually.  And though I haven't been traditionally scrapping much, I did take a couple classes in digital scrapping (I'll never give up my paper but I do think I could be bi-scraptual eventually) and listening to my favorite podcast, Paperclipping Roundtable every week.  Last week one of my favorite "celebrity" scrappers, Shimelle Laine was on.  She mentioned that she would be having a virtual crop this weekend.  Friday afternoon at work I started keeping an eye on her blog....she is in London!  I got home from work and fell asleep!  Yesterday was tied up with laundry and then baseball games for my son.  I got home around 8:30pm and worked on my Project Life weekly page till bedtime.  Today I was busy cleaning, getting summer clothes out of the attic, etc.  I finally sat down and went to Shimelle's site around 6:30pm...after dinner.  So much for scrapping all weekend!!  I haven't even read all the posts and challenges yet but Challenge #11 jumped out at me and before I knew it, I was scrapping again!  The challenge was "Choose two patterned papers with contrasting designs – things that are obviously very different. Chevron and doodles, hearts and stripes, sunshines and polka dots… just make sure they are very different types of patterns. Then use them to create the background of your page: two-thirds one pattern, one-third the other pattern."  I used papers from My Minds Eye Lime Twist and Just Dreamy #2 and the photo is Matt on his 15th birthday. 

I'm a little bummed that my Glimmer Mist clogged and the result was a big orange dot in the center....not the look I was going for....but oh well.  I still like the page and its done!!  Way better than the photo just sitting on my harddrive!

 

2 comments:

Cynthia

You know, if you hadn't said anything about your "big orange dot," I would have thought you did it intentionally! The little tag looks like it's supposed to be there, anchored by the dot. I think it's a gorgeous page! =D

Debbie P

Great job! I love your mix of patterned paper. I too would have thought nothing of your "happy" mistake, because I would of thought it was intentional as well.

Post a Comment