CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Hi...Remember Me?


Before I get into the above layout, I just wanted to thank those of you who have been praying for my mom. Its with a heavy heart that I tell you that my mommy, my best friend, a huge part of my heart....went home to be with her God on October 13. It was sudden and unexpected and I didn't get to say goodbye. I talked to her the day before and she was feeling good. The next day I got a call from the hospital to get there right away. She was in an induced coma and on a ventilator while they tried to stabilize her heart but they were not able to do it. After two days we made the difficult decision to let her go. The last two years she has fought so valiantly against obstacle after obstacle. She was tired. I knew that. She had little quality of life. I knew that too. But still, I always thought she'd be ok. She always was. This time was different. She didn't suffer....but we are. I miss her more than words can say and I am having a very hard time getting through each day. They say time will make it easier and I know that its true, but my heart aches, the pain is relentless and the tears have no end. I feel suddenly alone and half the person I used to be. Thank God for my family....if it weren't for my kids and John, and so many friends....I don't know where I'd be right now. As you can imagine, the last thing I was interested in was scrapping.

The last few weeks I have found myself being non-productive in all areas of my life...except that I get up and go to work everyday. So this weekend is an online crop at A Cherry On Top and I decided that this was my opportunity to get my act together and get back to my hobby that love so much. I know that's what my mom would have wanted. She loved to see my layouts and hear all about the new goodies I got or what I was working on. So that's what I'm doing. The above is the first layout I've created in quite some time as I have taken a leave from my DT positions until I am sure I can fully commit. This is for Challenge #1 of the crop - Use Sassafrass Lass paper. I used papers from the Count Me In collection, chip letters from Colorbox, flower by Prima and orange gem flowers by Creative Charms. I will post more as I complete them but I have to admit...my creative juices aren't flowing quite as freely these days so they may not be my best work, but its serving a purpose....to bring me back to a new normal. Thanks again for all of your prayers. I am sure that God heard them and is taking wonderful care of my mom.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

D

It's a gorgeous layout. I'm sorry you are in so much pain. My heart goes out to youl.

Cassie

I am so sorry for your loss.
This is an amazing layout!!

Melissa

So very sorry about the loss of your mom. Sending hugs and prayers your way.

bakscrap

So sorry for your loss Susan. Good to see you scrapping again!

Unknown

Susan, I think of you and pray for you daily! I can't imagine what you are going through at all. I know your only peace is that your mother is now with our Lord and smiles everyday!
It is soooo good to see you back to what you do so well! I'm glad you are finding time to heal through your craft.
Big hugs are coming your way!!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Debbie

Sending hugs your way. So sorry to hear you lost your mom! Glad to see that you are back in your scrapping zone!

Post a Comment