CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Creepy!! & Some News!

I'm in a great mood right now!! Its Thursday night....that means....ITS THE WEEKEND! Unfortunately, its almost my last long weekend of the summer. After next Friday I'm back to working Monday through Friday from 8am-4pm. Grr....as much as I will miss my Friday's off, it will be nice to be home by 4:15 everyday. The house is quiet right now with Susie up in her room with a friend, Matthew at football practice for another hour and John is out golfing with his buddies! Ahhh.....bliss! (Edited....it has taken me 2 hours to get this posted...house is no longer quiet, everyone is home and I am totally frustrated with Comcast.)

This layout I did for two separate challenges! The first one is Stacy's Weekly Stash Challenge at Sketches For You. The challenge was to scrap a holiday page. I had JUST finished Christmas 09 when she issued that challenge so wasn't sure what I was going to do and then I realized that I haven't scrapped Halloween 09 yet! I had this great My Minds Eye kit that I got at Crafty Steals and decided to use that, adding only some leftover flourishes from a sheet of Cosmo Cricket Blackboard and a few screw brads from Karen Foster. For the title I used some WackyTack to temporarily adhere the Maya Road Sheer letters to my background paper and then I misted the letters with Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist. I love the effect and since one of the August challenges at A Cherry On Top was to create a layout with masking on it, I got double duty!!! I really like how this page turned out...it does have a creepy feel to it! The journaling reads: "Every year there is a house in Absecon that goes all out for Halloween. Its fun but scary at the same time. This year there were zombies with chainsaws and this live man hanging there giving candy."

And now for my news....I've known for a few days now but haven't had the time to sit down and write a bio and send a picture off and wanted to do that before I announced it. One of my favorite sketch challenge sites for the last few months since they started has been Sketches In Thyme. The site is led by Kim Sparks and her team of "Mavens". I just LOVE that...Mavens!! LOL! Anyway, Kim emailed me that one of her mavens had to step down and she asked if I would fill that position. I struggled a little making the decision because of the way things have been going haywire here at home with my mom's health, kids activities, etc. but ultimately decided that I would LOVE to be a Maven. Part of my decision to join this team is because the commitment is not as heavy as on some site, but most of all because several of the closest blog friends I have made since I started my blog are also Mavens so I almost felt like I belonged there! So I will be joining Debbie, Barb, Brenda and Fern whom I already "knew" from blog-land and looking forward to meeting and getting to know Dawn, Diana, Penny and Tanya, as I become a Sketches In Thyme Maven.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Wendy

Congrats! I love that site!! What a great opportunity!

That spider paper is sooo cool!!!! Love the masking idea too!

Debbie

Hey fellow Maven - glad you joined the team!!!!

Melissa

Congrats on your new adventure! Very nice LO!

bakscrap

Congrats "Maven" Susan! I will be sure to follow what you are doing over there.

Post a Comment