CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Therapeutic?


Phew, so this one threw me for a doozy. I have had this photo on my desk and love looking at it. Its of my oldest son, John, and my late husband, Michael, on Johnny's 6th grade graduation day. I was hesitant to put the journaling on it but decided that these are MY memories and my feelings and it was important. It could be that the anniversary of Michael's death is just over 2 weeks away and I have been thinking about him so much, but this layout...while happy and fun, just killed me inside. Michael was SO proud of Johnny. If I could have one moment that Michael missed out on since his death, it would be Johnny's graduation from High School. (Of course I think I will have that same thought on Matt & Susie's graduation, all 3 of their weddings, etc.) He was not Johnny's natural father, but his step-dad, but you would NEVER have known that. I have to believe that Michael has had a hand in the way Johnny has grown up. Its a struggle for all of us, but somehow knowing that he is up in Heaven watching over us gets us through.

I did this page for another challenge at A Cherry On Top. The challenge is to use product by Fancy Pants. The papers are all Fancy Pants and the chipboard star that I covered with FP paper is by Scenic Route. I edged the star with Faded Jeans Distress Stickles and the title letters are Thickers.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Melissa

What a wonderful tribute and I think the journaling is perfect. Thanks so much for sharing.

Post a Comment