CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Its Been A LONG Time!

I wasn't sure, when I went to look at my blog this morning, if there would be anyone left that was still following me. Since losing my mom in October, my whole world has changed. It was not until the end of January (with the exception of a couple pre-Christmas layouts I did) that I could bring myself to spend any significant time in my scrap room. My mom is everywhere in there. Photos of her, things hanging on my walls that were my mom's from the house I grew up in, and her voice. She LOVED looking at my scrapbooks and I can hear her telling me "Oh, Susan, that is just beautiful". I didn't want to face it so my scrapdesk became the junk collector and that's how it stayed until last week. I knew there was a crop coming up at the end of February at A Cherry On Top. I had already arranged to take a couple days off work to be able to finish up crop challenges. So, I decided last weekend to get in there and clean it up to prepare for the crop. It felt good to have my space back and face my fears. And when all was said and done, I actually scrapped a page.

Having been away for so long, I feel like I'm brand new to the online scrapbooking community again. I'm not on any design teams and until this morning did not visit any of my past favorite sketch sites and just did whatever came to me. Below are what I have worked on in the past two weeks.

So, hello again....I've missed you! And I hope to be back to scrapping regularly soon! I have a couple more layouts on my desk so I may post them later today!






Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Debbie

Welcome back!!!! Have missed you and am glad to hear that you are getting back to your scrapping!

D

Your layouts are beautiful Susan. I'm glad you are able to be in your room again. I'm sure your mom would be really happy about that. We've missed your creativiity and inspiration. Hope you scrap more :)

Vintageandjournals

Hi Susan..love your creations..and glad to hear that you are able to scrap again..
I am sure your mom is looking over your shoulders to enjoy your work!
Hope to see more from your lovely creations and we missed you on the site!
HUGS

Brenda

It's good to have you back, Susan! I have missed you, and you have remained in my prayers. I love your layouts - you are always so creative!

Barb Craft

Welcome back! You have been missed! It is so good to see all of your wonderful LOs again! These are all pretty amazing!
barb :)

Post a Comment