CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 24, 2011



Now that I've started scrapping a little more I found myself visiting a few of the Challenge sites/blogs that I used to frequent. I wasn't going to work on anything tonight but the sketch this week at Sketch Inspirations caught my eye and I knew that I could pare it with one more February Challenge over at A Cherry On Top.

For the Countdown Challenge at ACOT the page had to be about something or someone you love. That part was easy....I LOVE these photos of John and I taken on the beach in Antigua exactly one year ago this week! The layout also had to have at least the following:

5 - Heart elements
4 - Ribbons and/or Strings
3 - Lines of Journaling
2 - Flower and/or leaf elements
1 - Template or sketch

I met all the requirements and I like the way the layout came out. It took me almost 3 hours to get this all done because I could not decide on a background. On my floor right now are white, ivory, several shades of pink, kraft, grey and red cardstocks. I finally went with the black and I think that was the better choice!

On a personal note, my daughter had her x-ray today and we were quite relieved to learn that she will NOT need surgery for her broken leg. Being the pessimist that I am, once I heard that it was a possibility I was SURE it would have to be. You know...that black cloud that perpetuall flies over my head! But not this time.....we were both very happy! 3 more weeks in a cast then 2 more in a boot cast and then 6 weeks of physical therapy. She should be good as new by Easter!

Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment