Have you ever started a layout with a beautiful vision in mind and have it come out nothing like you saw it? That's this one. Its ok. But in my head it just looked a lot better! I think it may be the muted Cosmo Cricket papers I chose to work with. In fact, I was working on this last night and decided not to glue anything down until I walked away (slept!!) and came back. And sure enough. this morning I changed the background from an ivory to a peach to match both her shirt and the peach in the papers and I'm a little more happy with it. I had a hard time finding title lettering that looked good....everything "soft" looked too washed out on the papers and I didn't want it to be too bold, which I think it actually is but its done!
I made the flowers...the two roses are layered using cream cardstock and parts of the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die and I painted them with three different colors of Glimmer Mist. They have a beautiful sheen to them too...almost like they are made of satin. I AM happy with them! LOL! And I made the brad using my i-top tool and the accordian flower...well no need to explain that! I will post this at Frosted Designs for their Friday Challenge to use homemade embellishments and at The Paper Variety where the challenge is to use flowers. I used sketch 114 at The Scrappiest and will enter over there for a chance to win a yummy scrapbook kit from Artful Delight and I used buttons (both a paper covered one and a regular one as a flower center) for the Show Us Your Stuff challenge.