CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Flowers for Mommy


The first sketch in Fia's Sketch Crazy group at Sketches For You was posted on June 30! I've been looking at the sketch, but haven't actually thought much about using it until today. A few weeks ago I had pulled some older photos out of albums so I would scrap them too instead of JUST the newer photos. This one of Susie holding some buttercups she picked for me kept creeping to the top and it was there again this afternoon when I started thinking about scrapping. Then I remembered the sketch and got to work! I had a hard time coming up with a base for the layout. White was too stark, and other papers from the Lily Bee line that I used for the flowers and photo mat didn't work either. I tried Kraft and didn't like that. I pulled out one of my paper holders that has a mish-mash of older papers in it that I still liked but didn't really go with anything else and found this lonesome sheet of dainty floral paper by DaisyD's that is probably 5-6 year old. I had to back it onto white cardstock because the paper is very thin. 

I made the flowers by tracing an image of a Primrose flower into my Sure Cuts A Lot program then cutting three different sizes out of Lily Bee Lovely papers on my Cricut and layering, curling and fluffing each layer. I added a clear cabachon to the center of each flower. Te flourish was also cut on my Cricut using an SVG file from My Cricut Scrapbooking. I thought the sketch left a little too much white space for my taste so I added another flower at the top right. The title letters are Thickers and Echo Park and I added my last delicate butterfly from Creative Charms that I sprayed with some Wild Cherry Glimmer Mist to help it stand out more than just the white did. Thanks for looking!!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Unknown

This is stunning!!!!! I love your handmade flowers!!! So beautiful and your colors are perfect for the photo!!!! Just stunning!!!!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Post a Comment