CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend Update!

Wow...its Monday.  I don't know what happened this weekend, but scrapping certainly took a back seat to everything this weekend!  I'm not one to leave a partially complete layout but I have one that I started yesterday morning that I dabbled with on and off all day yesterday, and NOTHING is glued down yet.  Its almost like I have NOTHING original.  I have 1000's of photos not scrapped and yet I feel like I  have nothing to tell about...nothing fresh.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  I cannot be in a slump.  Not now.  I need my scrapping to keep my mind off of the million other things running through my mind right now.  Here are two layouts that I did finish this weekend...neither are based off of sketches for a change and only one of them qualifies for a challenge!  Its been so bad I haven't even blog hopped to see what all my blog buddies are up to!!  Hopefully today I will have a chance to do a little of that.

This is just another layout from Antigua.  So getting tired of doing layouts of beaches, ocean, blue water, etc.  I guess I'm just tired of BLUES!!   This one uses one sheet of paper from Quick Quotes By The Bay line and some leftover paper strips and stickers from Bella Blvd. All Inclusive line.  Title letters are also Bella Blvd.  The flower I cut from the paper and layered and fluffed til I liked how it looked.  I know a flower doesn't really fit on a sailing layout, but I don't care...I liked it!  LOL!!  I'm feeling a bit rebellious these days.
For this one I dug into the box of OLD photos again and found this one of my mom kissing a horse.  Where I grew up, horse farms were all over the place!  I remember as a kid dreading driving through Colts Neck to get anywhere because that always meant numerous stops along the way so that Mom could pet the horses that were near the fences!  Its one of those annoying as a child/endearing as you become a mom yourself moments that I will always remember about my mom.  I only wish she were healthy enough to go pet the horses again! 

I loved this paper....the leaves are all flocked and there is great texture to the paper. I'm not crazy about the layout as a whole though....I guess it feels too bare to me but everything I put down to try out did not look good and I have NOTHING in the way of horse related embellishments!!  I finally settled on this flower that I have no idea where it came from but its been bouncing around in my stash for a long time.  It almost looks like masking tape...reminds me of when I was young and we would cover an old wine bottle with pieces of masking tape and then go over the masking tape with brown shoe polish and then wipe it off.  It gave the same effect!  You all probably think I'm nuts now!  Anyway....simple layout!!!  But I did use border punches which qualifies it over at Frosted Designs!

Hope you all had a better weekend than I did!!

3 comments:

Joni Parker

Hi Susan...slump or no slump, you layouts are still gorgeous!! I remember doing the masking tape bottle thing in Girl Scouts (5th or 6th grade). I'm so glad you put a border punch on this layout so I had an excuse to come visit you today...lol!! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

Sheila aka SassyLady

Your layouts are wonderful. I always get tire of the same theme too but just think how beautiful it will be when you finish. TFS your talent.

Betty Anne

Great layouts Susan and I love the two totally different but still cool flowers.
I've been in a slump this past weekend to. Just couldn't get motivated to scrap. Hopefully this week will be better for both of us.

Post a Comment