CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 4 ... 5 challenges!!!!


I have a couple hours tonight with NOBODY home....its glorious! I have the radio blasting and I'm singing my heart out (wouldn't dare do that in the presence of anyone else....I'm tone deaf I'm told!!). I decided to work on a couple challenges.....two for Sketches For You -- the first one is to use Red, White and Blue, add ribbon and a couple stars. Check, Check. Check. The second one there was to try a new technique. They gave a link to a tutorial for paper barn stars. Sooooo easy and they look great!!! The third challenge with this layout is the sketch which is a PageMaps sketch for Stuck on You Sketches. And there is a bonus if you use Red, White & Blue!! And of course Frosted Designs has Red, White & Blue as their weekly challenge!! Yay! I have to admit, I've only done ONE 4th of July layout (this one) and have a ton of fireworks pictures still and I've done 3 other Red, White and Blue layouts this month. I'm about tired of the colors and I'm running out of different papers to use!! All paper is by Scenic Route from last year! OK, so I didn't scrap LAST YEAR'S 4th of July yet either! I still have the WRMK Old Glory papers to use so there will still be more Red, White & Blue in my future!  This layout also works for the Summer challenge at Partners In Crafting Crime.  I know July 4 means summer to me!

I really should be working on a baby album that I have half done but I just don't want to! Is it bad that the shower is THIS Saturday and I don't intend to finish the gift until Friday night!!! I did pick up a bouncy seat as a gift in addition to the album so even if I don't finish it I still have a gift. And it would give me an excuse to go get my baby fix after he's born! Hmmm....no, I will try to finish it! But now....something more fun...not sure what yet but I have 3 Design Team projects to get done so maybe one of them will be next.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Sandi Clarkson

Wow, fantastic page ... wish I had a 7/4 page that looked that great!

Lalo

Nice 4th page I like the blue stars and how they pop off the page!!!

Nanne

Great use of the sketch..wow! what a fantastic page and love that you did 4th of July.. Just all out perfect in every way :O)
hugs
Nanné

Robin

those paper stars are cool! Must look out for a tutorial myself....
Have my own son's baby book to finish and he is over a year now... better get crackin'. Thanks so much for joining us at My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

JR Creations

Brilliant layout! I love it! I plan on celebrating July 4th at some stage stateside i'd say it's amazing. Thanks for playing at My Partner in Crafting Crime.

Jenny T.

Post a Comment