CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Yes I Like Pina Colada!

Its been a slow scrapping weekend for me. I don't know why...I've had plenty of time...just no desire to do much. Its SO FREAKING hot here that all I can think about is how bad my electric bill is going to be. I don't think my Central AC has turned off ONCE since Friday morning. Anyway, this layout is another for the Antigua album. The drinks were free (was an all-inclusive) so I took complete advantage of trying the drink of the day and every imaginable flavor of Pina Colada. As you can see in the top photo....sometimes one just wasn't enough....a sip of Melon, and sip of Mango, a sip of Melon.....lol!! Ahhhh....I want a Pina Colada so bad now!! (And not in a 6 oz plastic cup either!!).

This layout is loosely based on an upcoming sketch at Let's Scrap. Papers are Bo Bunny Flower Child. Lettering is Echo Park for the small letters and Basic Grey June Bug for the bigger ones. The Pineapple Drink was an SVG from Digital Designs by Stephanie that I cut on my Cricut and then pieced together and accented with Prismacolor pencils.


This one I did just because I came across the pictures and had to do something with them. I didn't even use Christmas papers but you would never know! The photos are my mom and youngest brother in 1973. Make sure to note the lovely flocked artificial tree and the small tree on my mom's head...oh wait, that's her hair! (We love to tease my mom about her 60's and 70's hairdos! There are some real DOOZIES!!) I used Prima Urban Cosmos and Cosmo Cricket Fleuriste papers. The letters are Pink Paislee...yup, still using those green glitter letters...I'm running out of vowels though! Chip buttons are Making Memories Mistletoe and the chip journal spot and flower thing are Basic Grey. I made the pointsettias myself and the large one has one of my favorite paper roses from the bridal section...I'll tell ya again....69c for a bunch of 10 blooms vs. $5 for a bunch of 8 made by a scrapping mfr....smooshed into the center of it. I detailed the flowers with gold Stickles. The organza ribbon that I bunched around the back of the half circle at the top is from Close To My Heart from a ribbon buy I got in with some friends about 12 years ago and I STILL have tons left!

Hopefully I will have more to come later tonight!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Betty Anne

Woo hoo you're on a roll Susan. Love both layouts. Love the paper and paper piecing you did on your Pina Coloda layout and the pointsetta and great old photo's are fantastic in the 2nd layout.
I'm having a scrapping block this weekend also. Just can't get into it for some reason. Did do a bunch of straightening up in the room and got to go shopping at Michaels where I got some great punches. Now to just get down to work and use them.

Brenda

What a fun LO! Sounds like you had an awesome trip, and you found the perfect way to scrap this memory.
I have had to work a lot in the last week, so my mojo is shot. Not feeling it - I think we all go through those streaks!

Post a Comment