CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 9, 2011

Beautiful In Any Color


I seem to be on a yellow kick!! Between challenge requirements and some recent photos of Susie wearing different shades of yellow I am pretty much fresh out of everything yellow!! Its not one of my favorite colors to work with so I probably didn't have as much as I do in say, pinks!!

Once again, this layout fulfills several challenges:

1. Not an NSD challenge this time, but for the May Color Challenge at A Cherry On Top your layout must be 50 percent yellow.
2.  Studio Calico - Use wood/wood veneer on your layout.  I used the Studio Calico hearts.
3. Frosted Designs NSD Challenge from Debbie to use flowers on your layout;
4. Challenge Masters NSD "Sundae Challenge". We selected ingredients for a sundae in advance of the crop. My recipe was to use Sewing, Glitter, Ribbon and Flowers. I was going to machine stitch but my needle came unthreaded, I couldn't find the needle threader and I am blind as a bat and my kids are out!! It stinks getting old!
5.  Studio Calico - Stitch on your layout.
Oh, I actually have six challenges for this one! I used the weekly Sketch #19 at Sketch Inspirations!!

Now about the page itself....papers are October Afternoon Thrift Shop. I used a Fancy Pants floral glitter cut as well. The yellow metal flowers are Sassafrass Lass, the glitter flower is Petaloo Dazzlers and the braided cord flower is Creative Charms. I used 3 wood veneer hearts from Studio Calico, ribbon from Target, letters from Crate Paper Portrait and Jillibean Soup. The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch. The buttons are from my stash!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Debbie

Love your layout Susan!!! Great color choices and just loving all of those beautiful flowers! I'm glad you could join in on the flower challenge at Frosted Designs!

Angela

again your LO is very striking! I am very partial to yellow too!! thanks for joining in at Frosted Designs on line crop!

Lydia

I love all your soft yellows! This layout is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs.
Lydia

Debbie Bakk

Wow- love the colors and the embellies are great thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs

Post a Comment