CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 20, 2011

Whoo Wants Cake


I bet you most of you who visit my blog often think I have just two kids!! I've actually got three! My oldest son, John, lives about an hour and a half away with his dad. It was closer to where he was originally attending college. Of course, he made some poor choices and left a 4-year college in favor of a Community College but I'm mom (AND I work at a 4 year State college) so what do I know! Add in the girlfriend who lives up there and it led to a more permanent arrangement than I would like. My firstborn will be 21 in just 2 1/2 months. I cannot believe it. I can close my eyes and be right back to the minute he was born. I'm very proud of him (even with the dumb decisions) as he has grown into quite a nice young man. He's a towering 6'2" tall and 200lbs which amazes me as neither his father or I are very blessed in the stature department!

This layout features a photo of my oldest (actually all three are in the photo) on his 19th birthday. He wanted a Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Icing so that's what I made. Yuck! He was the only one who enjoyed his birthday cake that year! LOL!

I used the sketch #82 at Lets Capture These Sketches and Jillibean Soup Owl Soup papers. I did fussy cutting to get the owls where I wanted them and a ton of pop dots. You can't really tell from the photo but the area with the photo on it is completely rasied up, as are a couple of the owls! I added a Tim Holtz rosette and a banner cut with a Cheery Lynn Designs die. I combined this with the Trend Watch Challege at Challenge Masters which was to use corrugated alphas. I LOVE Jillibean Corrugated alphas and have several packs in every color. My favorite are the white, as you can ink or mist them to match whatever you are working on, as I did here.

Well, I have to run now....have to ge the kids to their school dance and finish up some laundry. Its just started to rain here so that means no light to photograph any more layouts tonight! I do have one that I didn't post yet that I may blog later, but if not, have a great night and talk to you all tomorrow, my friends!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment