CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Oh The Places We Would Go!


Did you ever wake up from a sound sleep with an idea for a layout in your head? That's what happened to me this morning. As I drifted off to sleep last night I was looking at the Studio Calico blog for some more challenges I could work on today. I found this sketch and bookmarked it for further perusal today.
 I've had Challenge #1 at A Cherry On Top on my mind since the crop started on Friday. We were to scrap a page about what we would do if we hit "The Big One" lottery! I actually wasn't going to do this one because frankly I have too many pictures to scrap about something that has very little chance of happening. Then I thought well.....it is a dream of mine....in fact, seeing Venice and Tuscany are number one on my "bucket list". So why not include this in my scrapbooks. Maybe someday I will actually get there and be able to look at this page and say I've done it!

Anywho, as I walked out of the bathroom this morning I saw this lottery ticket sitting on John's end table. It was a loser of course but *light-bulb moment* I can put it on my layout for Challenge #1. As I was still wiping the sleep from my eyes I opened my laptop, Googled a few pictures, called up the sketch, went immediately to my Basic Grey folder and found that the papers in the Curio line were just what I had in mind! And the layout was born! Just as quick as that!

It didn't go together as quickly but that is only because I fussy cut the flowers, and then fussy cut some more for just the insides and popped them up on foam dots. You really can't see it but the dimension is nice in real life. Then it was just a matter of lettering. I've had two different types of letters already on here for the "Oh, the places we would go" phrase and I still am not happy with it. I may take that off and just add some more flowers there.

The letters I used for "Italy" and the metal butterfly are from Recollections (Michaels) and the small letters are Basic Grey Life of th Party. Everything else on this page is Basic Grey Curio.

I have about 2 hours left in my NSD LONG weekend. I have an appointment to have my hair colored (I'm thinking of doing something funky too!) at 1pm then Matt has a game at 7 so that's it for me! Its back to work tomorrow and the start of Summer hours which means LONG days however, in return for those long days I will have off every Friday from now until September! I love that part of it but 10 hour days Monday-Thursday kick my butt for the first couple weeks!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment