CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 9, 2011

Rock Stars!


Last one for me today! I can hardly believe I am saying this, but I actually think I am all scrapped out! I may get one or two more done tomorrow morning but to be honest, if I don't I am ok with that! What started out as a lousy day, has been quite productive scrappy wise.

This layout is once again for several challenges!

1. I used the new sketch at The Scrappiest! I was checking there periodically today as Liz usually posts new sketches on Mondays but with all the events of the weekend I wasn't sure if there would be one this week! Much to my happiness she posted it and it was an absolute perfect fit for what I was hoping to work on next! So much so its an almost exact replica of the sketch!

2. Frosted Designs challenge to use three basic shapes - I used a circle, rectangle and star.

3. Challenge #17 at A Cherry On Top - "Scrap anything about a musical show. You could scrap a concert, a piano recital, marching band practice, a talent show, or even someone playing Rock Band or Guitar Hero!" As you can see, I chose the latter...my son's playing RockBand 2! I know there was another challenge I had in mind with this one but it escapes me at the moment!

4.  The final challenge for this page is the Color Inspiration challenge at Studio Calico. Its not SPOT on but definitely in the right zone!!  The kraft threw me a little but its there in the guitars and the ticket is a light kraft color.
I used My Minds Eye Good Day Sunshine for the majority of this layout except the Gold rectangle on the left is Stella Rose and the lime green circle is Echo Park A Walk In The Park. I added a journaling tag from October Afternoon, a "Party Like A Rock Star" sticker from Bella Blvd., a guitar from Jolees leftover from my Bon Jovi layout from this weekend, letters by Scrapworks, numbers by Recollections and the star was a Sizzix diecut and believe it or not, I broke the stinking die when cutting it out! Ticked me off! I know it was one that I got on clearance at AC Moore last year and probably only paid $3-$4 for it but STILL....I bet I've only made 5-6 cuts with it and the darned thing cracked in half!

That's it folks....I'm going to sign off the laptop, bring the iPad to bed and do a little blog surfing to see what you have all been up to this NSD weekend/week!! :)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Nadia Cannizzo

hehehe! I get like that too...all scrapped out. I scrap better after I have given my self a break.
Love this boy layout...!

Lydia

Great layout! Your shapes are perfect for this one and I love the guitars. My son is a guitar freak. :) So glad you played along with us at Frosted Designs.
Lydia

Jennifer Shaw

I know what you mean about the scrapped out feeling. Luckily, it doesn't last long. ;) Great take on Liz's sketch and terrific that you combined so many challenges! I love these papers. :)

Vicky Varvadouka

Great take on the sketch!!! Great layout! Thanks for playing at The Scrappiest!

Debbie Bakk

You sure did rock this one love it all...really like all the different papers great choices you made thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

Erin Reed

i love this layout, great colors and great use of shapes!!! thanks for playing along in my shapes challenge at frosted designs!!

Post a Comment