CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Friday Night Scrappin'

I had off all day on Friday (I work for the state and due to the economy we are required to take a certain amount of furlough days...this was my last one) and was out running around ALL day. By the time I finished all my errands it was time to pick the kids up from school and John was home from work. My original plan was to spend a peaceful day scrapping! As usual, my life had other plans for me! I did come home with those purple sandals and the bag from my inspiration photo in my Let's Scrap Blog Hop challenge!! LOVE THEM!

Matt had a game last night and they creamed the other team which was really good. It got to the point where we really started to feel bad for the other boys and their coach was screaming and being so obnoxious to them AND the umpires that he was actually told to leave the ballpark. Geez, its Little League Mister! Chill out. It drives me nuts when parents/coaches treat this like its the major leagues. If there ever comes a day when my kids stop having FUN when they are playing their sports, they will no longer play. That coach is lucky he was on the other team because we have a whole bunch of strong willed women sitting on our bleachers!! We were ready to take him on even on behalf of the parents on the other team! But back home we were by 9pm! Woo hoo!! So I decided to play along for fun with some of the blog hop challenges. I made a two page spread but was able to use it for both Cori and Jean's challenges and then a birthday card for Deb's challenge that Susie can use tonight as she has a party to attend!! I will see if I can get any scrapping in today. Its sorta nice out AND I have lots of laundry to do. Sometimes I have to prioritize and NOT putt scrapping first!

For Cori's Challenge - use " " on your page and a metal embellishment.  I used the quotes in my title and the metal is the snaps (by WRMK) at the bottom and the eyelet on the tag.  Used all Fancy Pants Rusted Sun line.  More photos from our February trip to Antigua.  About 500 more to go.
Using the same papers I made a second page to the first layout using Jean's challege which was to have a quote on your page.  The quote reads "It's no sin to get sauce on your chin" which is PERFECT as John LOVES his BBQ and its very evident when you see his face when he's eating it!
For the 2nd stop on the hop, I made this Birthday card for Deb's challenge.  We used a 12x12 sketch, an ad for color inspiration, had to use at LEAST 4 patterned papers and brads and a stamped image.  Since I'm just playing for fun, I fudged it and used buttons instead of brads and an embossed image instead of stamped.  I'm just not a good stamper!
 
Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with for all these great challenges!  Have a wonderful weekend everyone!  Oh wait....and here's a little sneak peek at what I made for the May 19th sketch of the week at Let's Scrap!



Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

MoMo sprnany

Susan,
I love all this! That BBQ lo is fantastic love that quote! The "Outhouse" lo is terrific! I couldn't read the journaling though :( Looks like a great trip! That card is so cheerful and happy...I love the "fudge's" you did Just amazing all of it! I have a ton of pics from our spring break to Texas! This is so inspirational!

Post a Comment