CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday Special!!

OK, so there wasn't really anything special! Went to Susie's softball game where we were treated to high winds swirling dirt at us from all directions. Came home and John took the kids out Mother's Day Shopping!! Yay for me! I scrapped on and off today but did manage to get a few challenges done for the blog hop and one item (an altered egg carton!) for a class I am taking at Big Picture Scrapbooking.

This layout is for Rosalies Challenge at Blog Hop #6. Its my son, who is now 13 and informed me that I dressed him like a dork when he was a baby, watching the gameshow "Supermarket Sweep" and talking and talking like he knew the answer. The challenge was to get inspiration from a layout that was posted on Let's Scrap quite some time ago. I used Core'dinations cardstock for the blue, the title was cut on my Cricut, the letter papers are by Best Creations, and the star felt trim I just picked up for $1 at AC Moore! An American Crafts arrow and 7Gypsies Proof stamp, red Bazzil cardstock and Fiskars Threading Water punch and its done. :)


This layout is another from our Antigua trip. The food wasn't that great there but 3 times during the 14 days we were there we were able to get reservations at the Pineapple Grill. I meant to take pictures before we started eating. The picture on th left WAS crabcakes. We laughed so hard because the presentation was beautiful but being from the east coast we are used to "Maryland" style crabcakes. There were TWO crabcakes on this HUGE plate and both were about the size of John's thumb. Basically bite sized! The pineapple in the middle is a paper piecing I made. Its been years since I did one by hand since I got a cutting machine but sometimes you just can't find exactly what you are looking for!

And last for today is a pre-class project for a class I am taking at Big Picture Scrapbooking,  I'm not entirely sure why...or what we will be doing with it...but the first assignment was to have a decorated egg carton ready for the start of class!  Stay tuned...I'll let you know more as I find out! 

And that, my friends, is my day.  It kills me but I MUST go to bed as I have to work in the morning.  Thankfully its only two days a year I have to get up and go to work on a Sunday!  Have a great Mother's Day to all the moms out there!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

MoMo sprnany

Susan,
The "Whiz Kido" lo is so cute those pics are adorable love the punch! I have become a punch addict I own 1 I must buy more.
What is this strange and curious thing you call "Paper Piercing"? I don't know what that is but I couldn't have made that pinapple for nothing! I lose this lo! It's so cute...About that egg carton, you gotta tell me what you needed this for It's honestly the prettiest egg carton I have ever see! Have a great Sunday!

Anonymous

Hello, I'm new here and new to the Lets Scrap site - and new to blogs actually, so I don't know if I am doing this correctly, but I posted a page with your challenge - really fun colors....did you buy any shoes?

Debbie

Hope you enjoyed your Mothers Day. I am so far behind on my blogs that I follow. Love your layouts! I laughed at the first one as it reminded me of my son when he was little. It was fun being able to dress them up the way we wanted! Looks like you have been busy! The pineapple turned out great!

Post a Comment