CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm being published!!!

I have never have any of my scrapbook layouts published before. Honestly, never really tried. But recently I feel like the quality of my scrapping has improved (much in part to the awesome forums like Let's Scrap and A Cherry On Top that belong to) so I have submitted a couple to some online magazines. The two that I submitted were both picked up!! One will be published in Scrapbook News and Review and the other at Scrapbooking.com Magazine! This is pretty exciting for me and has given me a little more confidence to maybe try submitting to the paper magazines too!!

This news came a the end of a great weekend!! It was sooooo nice out this weekend and I really didn't get any scrapping time in so I have nothing new for you to look at....but we sure did a lot of shopping, getting some incredible deals!! John got a 30% coupon with his Kohl's catalog so we decided it was time for new bedding. I haven't bought anything new for our room for at least 4 years. This is the set we picked out, except I didn't get the curtains and my room does not look NEARLY as elegant as this one, but its pretty nonetheless:


We also picked up two of these Anti-gravity lounge chairs which we have been wanting for the past couple years.  They are SOOOOO comfortable!!  I had one set up in the living room just to test it out and we ended up leaving it there (just for now...it doesn't quite match my living room decor) because it was so comfy to recline and watch TV!! 

And then finally I stopped at Michael's and picked up a new American Crafts D-ring album for my Antigua trip and lots of divided page protectors as I've been inspired by some of the things Ali Edwards has been doing with them.  See her blogpost here

Today I can't wait to get home, though. I have been tracking the shipment of my new camera and its been delivered!! I can't wait to get home and play with it! I have been saving and window shopping for almost 2 years waiting for a deal on a new camera. Well not only did I get a great deal on the camera, but I got a wide format printer in the deal which I finally hooked up yesterday and played with a little bit. By combining a decent sale with an amazing rebate, I got a Canon EOS Rebel T1i 15.1 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 3-Inch LCD and EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens, a Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens and a Canon Pixma PRO9000MkII Inkjet Photo Printer for just about $800. The regular price for these three items is around $1600 so I saved A TON and am so excited!!

6 comments:

D

Congratulations! How exciting :))

MoMo sprnany

Congrats!! I'm so glad for you! It's wonderful your work will be published...I totally think you should try the paper magazines! I adore that bedding love the blue. I am still in the saving and researching part of my camera buying process...I can't wait to get my Cannon Rebel...shouldn't be more that a few months...oh and I have to finish the scrapbook room! Have a wonderful day!

Debbie

Congrats on being published! Hard work and creativity pays off!

Lalo

Congratulations !!!
so much for you to be happy about, I got that canon and I LOVE IT your going to have soooo much fun with it :)

D

I just looked again and I have this camera and lens. I LOVE it!!!!!

Betty Anne

Congratulations on being published Susan, your layouts are fantastic so I'm not at all surprised.
Love the color of you new bedspread and wow that Camera and printer look great. Way to go.

Post a Comment