CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 28, 2010

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

Today starts the official influx of what we call "Shoe-Bees" to the Jersey Shore.  10 months out of the year I love living at the shore....but the summer months.....well let's just say it can be a little frustrating.  Twice as much traffic, longer lines at the grocery store, idiot drivers who don't pay attention to traffic signals, signs, etc.and no longer do we have the boardwalks to ourselves....its now teeming with out-of-towners looking for that perfect souvenir.  Don't get me wrong, I realize that the tourists are a huge part of the economy in this area and shudder to think what would happen should they STOP coming "to the shore" but as I am sure you would hear from 99% of the year round residents, nothing looks better than a traffic jam heading North on the Garden State Parkway or West on the Atlantic City Expressway on a Sunday afternoon!! 

But alas, its Memorial Day weekend....they are coming.....by the thousands.  I have a mere couple of hours to stock up on necessities for the weekend without having to deal with tourists and long lines!!  So I'm doing this last post for the month of May.  I am fairly certain that I will have nothing to blog until this weekend is over.  We have baseball and softball games and tournaments, at least one bbq to attend, Memorial Day Parades and of course, the beach is calling us!  Its been a LONG winter!  Hopefully it will warm up....its down right chilly in South Jersey today!  I think the temperature dropped 25 degrees in 2 hours last night!

This week is also my week for hosting the Design Team Challenge at Let's Scrap.  The challenge is to create a layout using Red, White and Blue!  See how creative I am!  Hey, cut me a break, I'm still sick!!  There is a twist...there must be a flag or banner of some type on the layout and it must be based on a sketch at Let's Scrap.  Here is my example....the photo is of my two cousins (brothers) in their uniforms.  One is in the Army currently stationed in Iraq and the other is a paid Firefighter in North Carolina.  They are truly heroes in my book!

 Signing off until June.....stay safe and have a wonderful Memorial Day!!  Remember to thank a veteran!

2 comments:

Debbie

I was just thinking of you this morning and envious to the fact that you live so close to the beach. I miss those days staying at the Jersey shore. Still might take you up on your offer and come pay you a visit. Loving the r,w & b layout! Such a wonderful picture and I love the tulle. I have some but have not used it yet. Sounds like you have a full weekend planned. Hope the weather cooperates. Here in Maryland it has dropped to the 70's and is cloudy. Like the new profile picture! Hope you are feeling better and enjoy the long weekend!

MoMo sprnany

Love this lo! It's a brilliant design and a truly fantastic subject! Wonderful! I hope you survive the summer...and cut a bit of the beach off for yourself!

Post a Comment