CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Busy Day Ahead!!

Some weekends come and go and at the end of it I wonder just what I accomplished.  Today will NOT be one of those days.  Its just about Noon here in New Jersey and I've already got quite a bit accomplished.  I've cleaned up the kitchen, done two loads of laundry (except for the putting away part), vacuumed the entire house, dusted in the living room, picked up my daughter from a sleepover and started and fnished one layout so far.  This is using the new Maya paper from Glitz Designs.  The stickers are Glitz also.
The rest of the day will be busy as well!  My son desperately needs a new bedroom set.  The one he has now he's had since he was 2 and the bed is collapsing, the fronts of the dresser keep coming off and we reglue them but they still come off.  Nothing in his room really matches and my daughter has had two room makeovers in the past 3 years!  So we are heading out to Ikea later this afternoon to look at bedroom furniture and for my scrapbook area, some new Expedit shelving.  I've been using the Jetmax cubes and a table for a few years now but yesterday as I was cleaning up I noticed that a few of the cubes are coming apart.  The screws have broken right through the particle board.  It kinda ticks me off as these were MADE for scrapbookers and don't hold up to the weight of paper, albums, etc.  And they were MORE expensive than the unit from Ikea when you add up each individual cube.  I'm a little...ok a lot...excited to be going to Ikea.  I have never been there before but alway oooh and ahhh over what I see other people getting for their scraprooms from Ikea.  I will report more tomorrow once I have been there!

Since we can't go until John gets home from fishing, I'm going to work on a couple more challenges.  This one is not going to be easy....
Here are the requirements:

1. Create a layout using a sketch from Let's Scrap.

2. Choose 2 of the following stash items that were listed in this week's question. After the name, I've listed how many you'll need to use, so you're not just using one of these items, you'll need to use the amount listed.
     Buttons - Use at least 15
     Flowers - Use at least 10
     Chipboard - Use at least 4
     Rubons - Use at least 3
     Brads/eyelets - Use at least 15
     Stickers(alphas not included if used in title) - Use at least 6
     Ribbon - Use at least 4 different ones
     Jewels - Use at least 15

3. Use at least 2 pieces of patterned paper that are at least 5 years old.  If you haven't been scrapping that long, just use your oldest ones.

4. Use Alphabet Stickers in your title

5. Use 1 more additional item in your stash that is older than 5 years.  Again, if you haven't been scrapping that long, use your oldest items.

Yikes!!!!!!!!  Ok, I'm outta here...have a great Saturday!

Edited to Add:  Well, I got right to work on the above challenge and I LOVE this page.  I think I covered the requirements and then some....I used way old papers from  Daisy D's, 10 flowers, 4 different ribbons, 9 brads (just couldn't get the 10th one in there and still look good!), 1 button, 1 chipboard letter, alpha stickers are Doodlebug Simply Sweet, my one additional items was the chipboard heart that originally was burgandy but I stamped it with silver ink, set it with my heat gun then misted it with Vintage Pink Glimmer Mist.  Used the LS115 sketch.

2 comments:

Debbie

Susan you cease to amaze me with the number of layouts you get done. To top it off you seem very busy with your kids. I love the one with the Glitz paper! Super bright colors and the photos are so cute.

Anonymous

Hi there! I stumbled onto your blog and am in love with your layouts! Love everything on here!

Post a Comment