CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 19, 2010

Sketch Inspirations

Another sketch challenge site I visit almost daily is Sketch Inspirations. Tonight, after returning home from Susie's first softball game of the season, I checked out the newest sketch and quickly came up with an idea. I've had this picture of Matt getting off the bus on the first day of first grade sitting on my desk for some time now, along with the package of Maya Road school themed rub-ons. A quick dig through my paper and I found the yellow happy suns by Cosmo Cricket which I felt lent to the "school bus" look I was looking to achieve. I think I did what I set out to do....the black scallops represent the black bus tires, the yellow the bus and the green is a strip of Core'dinations cardstock with the alphabet embossed on it which I sanded. The bling star is MAMBI. Fortunately most of the items I used on this layout were out in the open. If not, I'm not so sure I could have completed this as EVERYTHING is still a mess in my scraproom and I just didn't feel much like reorganizing. That's the bad part of re-doing your scrap space....nothing is where it always was! Hopefully everything will be back to normal by the weekend. Definately no scrapping for me tomorrow as Matt has a game and the way his games have been going, I won't be home until after 10pm. Here's my take on the sketch.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Melissa

Love this! I don't do one picture LO's often, but I will have to remember this one!

Post a Comment