CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 23, 2010

It's Scrappy Time!

Its been a long week but its finally Friday and finally scrappy time!! I started with the weekly challenge at Let's Scrap. You can see the sketch in one of the posts below. I made the card for Susie's friend Emily who will be having her 12th Birthday party next Saturday. Then I decided to make a gift card holder to match the card. It fits right inside the card too. Both items were made entirely of scraps which is even better as I rarely use my scraps!  Love the Doodlebug glitter paper...I still have a little piece left of it too!  The butterflies are cut on the cricut.  The black glitter paper is a scrap leftover from a DCWV stack.

I'm not usually one to make cards but I like the idea of the gift card holder so I think I may whip a few more of these up to have on hand as the kids are always going to birthday parties and at the ages they are (11 and 13), CASH or GIFT CARDS are the gift of choice!!

Iwill update this post as I get more projects done tonight so as to not have a million posts!

UPDATE - I got this week's Sketchy Thursday's  challenge done.  I love the colors!  Uses Reminisce and Dream Street papers, Prima flowers, not sure where the water splashes are from as they have been in my stash for a while and I STILL have more splashes to use, palm tree brad is Creative Imaginations, round stamp is 7Gypsys, font is free on the internet and called "David" and the flower center brads were from my stash.

I think I am calling it quits for tonight.  Tomorrow morning bright and early I have to drop my car off so John can finally do my brakes!  That will give me a few hours scrapping/laundry time in the morning before I run some desperately needed errands.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment