CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 15, 2010

HAPPY Weekend!!!

Actually my weekend started this morning when I called out from work. I've been nursing an earache all week and this morning it was killing me. Been laying on a heating pad and that helps a lot. I have a furlough (unpaid) day off tomorrow so its officially my weekend!

While the house was quiet today I completed two challenges over at Let's Scrap. The first one was to scrap a vintage photo using something handmade and at least 3 patterned papers. I made the "ruffled" paper stip and sewed it to the other strip for my homemade element. The photo is from 1949 and is my dad with his model train set. He was 12 in the photo and right up until he died in 2006, he still loved model trains. All paper is SEI except one which is DCWV. Buttons are Making Memories, letters are Thickers. Also used my brandy-new Martha Stewart double loop punch and red cats eye ink.



The next is a two page layout for the weekly challenge at Let's Scrap. The photos are from our trip to Antigua. All papers, flowers, ribbon and brads are SEI - Claire. I seem to be on an SEI kick today! The butterflies, journal spot, swirls, leaves and font cut on Cricut. Lots of inking, glimmer mist and stickles used.  Click to see a better view.
My son has another baseball game tonight so I won't be home until agter 10pm.  Tuesday nights game was over 3 hours long, its was FREEZING, but the won 22-2!!  I just may have some more scrapping in me tonight since I only have to wake up to get the kids off to school!!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment