CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Apple of My Eye


Happy Saturday, peeps!! You will have to excuse me if I seem a little rambunctious today. It's due to lack of sleep and wayyyy too much caffeine. I think I've mentioned that I did a number on my back LAST Sunday. Well the worst part of the day for my back is laying down to go to sleep. If I am sitting upright in a chair I'm ok. The couch or my bed...not so good. I took a Percocet last night hoping to sleep a solid 7 hours. I haven't had a run more than 3 hours since Sunday. Well it didn't work. I slept for about 3 1/2 hours and woke up at 2:30am. I was too tired to sit down and try to scrap so I did something that has needed to be done for a LONG time! I reorganized all of my patterned paper. I had a retarded system before where I kept Mfr. lines together but then sometimes I kept like colors together. Well NOW I have everything sorted by Mfr. If I have 6 different lines by that mfr., they are all in the same holder. Even though I have enough patterned paper to wallpaper the walls, floors and ceilings twice over, I sorta know what I have and usually do pick my papers by mfr. So I think this system will work a little better for me. There are a few exceptions to my new "rule". Holiday papers are sorted together, regardless of who makes them. I have a holder for Christmas, Halloween and All Other Holidays (I don't stockpile a lot of Easter, St. Pats, etc. papers so they are combined. ) I also have a separate holder for Vacations and for Beach. I live at the beach so I do a ton of beach layouts every year and I often mix and match mfrs.

I had a few things I purged and if I get the energy I may do a blog candy although its mostly older stuff that nobody would probably want anyway! Now I know I said I know what I have. The exception to that is the above layout! I had NO CLUE I even had this cute apple paper by Best Creations! And it didn't have a partner so it didn't really have a place to go being a single sheet of themed paper. So I left it out floating on the living room floor until I was all done with the sorting. Then it moved to my desk, still not knowing what I was going to do with it. Then for a brief moment it went into the purge pile!

Once I was done sorting the paper I grabbed a pack of pictures that was laying on my desk and decided that I was going to scrap from there rather than printing off new pictures. I grabbed these two pictures of Matt and headed back into my scrap room on a search for papers with red in them to match his shirt. I started out with papers from the Basic Grey Cupcake line and then it hit me! The apple paper was perfect!! I wanted to get my layout done for the weekly Sketch Inspiration sketch which has to be posted by tonight but I just wasn't sure I could make it work with these photos and only one patterned paper but it did! And as of right now, its my new favorite layout!

The specs are as follows:
Patterned paper by Best Creations, letters are Cloud 9 and Echo Park, Doily by Wilton, bling by Glitz, Buttons and rick rack from stash, journaling square is MAMBI. Used this weeks sketch at Sketch Inspirations.

Now I think I will try to lay down. Matt is at baseball practice, Susie is being picked up to sleep over a friends house at 1:00pm and John is working overtime again so its going to be pretty quiet here today! I do have some shopping errands to run but I can do that tonight!

Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday! I may or may not be back with more to share!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Tammy E.

This is great! Love the bright colors.

Post a Comment