CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 28, 2011

Daddy's Boy


I don't quite know what's going on with me. I keep going to older photos of my mom and my husband (both of whom have passed away) for the last few layouts. I haven't scrapped a single photo of Michael with the kids since he passed away several years ago until last week when I did one of my daughter and daddy. Today its my son (now 14 years old) and daddy. And I didn't even cry. Maybe its therapy and I just don't know it! Anyway, sketch by Lets Capture These Sketches.  I am also entering it into the challenge to use 7 or more flowers at Scrapbookers Anonymous.  I hope that its ok to enter more than once...I read the rules over and over and didn't see a restriction!  If you are from SA, let me know if I should remove the duplicates and I will!!  I don't want to break any rules!

Papers are all My Minds Eye Lost & Found. Letters are Jillibean Soup and Echo Park. Brads are MME and Creative Imaginations. Flowers are from either AC Moore or Michaels (paper roses and porcelain flowers) as are the round ball things! Not sure where the phrase stickers came from as they were the last two left on the backer sheet! And who says you can't use flowers on a boy layout!

5 comments:

Lea

Love the news print paper! The way you have everything framed out is so cool and the borders are great! Thanks again for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!!! :)

Debbie

This is beautiful Susan!!! So happy to see you scrap!!! I like you have pics of my kids with their dad. We've been divorced for quite awhile and I find it hard to scrap those pics! For some reason lately I've been gravitating towards older pics. Sometimes I think we do it to remember those times!!

Sue Althouse

Love your square and circle shapes on this layout, and the beautiful colors. I've been known to scrapbook older photos and shed a few tears, nothing wrong with that. Love your use of the flowers, play along as often as you like! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous!

Karen Williams

I love what you have done- I have a whole pile of old photos I am working through- beautiful colours and a great photo to have got scrapped- the kids will love it
Thanks for joining us at Scrapbookers Anonymous

Lynnda

Wow... this is lovely colors... love the pastel.... lovely photo too... Thank you so much for playing along US over at scrapbookers Anonymous....hugs..xoxo

Post a Comment