CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 18, 2011

In Search of Me Gold

I'm fighting to keep my eyes open right now thanks to painkillers for a back issue I've been fighting all week. But I just about panicked when I remembered that the "Chopped" Challenge at Cha{all}enge Masters had to be done by tomorrow. Since I *think* tomorrow is going to be a busy day I didn't want to leave it for the last minute. The "recipe" for this round was pretty simple:

Circles
Lime Green
Paint

My circles are the doilies; I used every shade of green imaginable I think and the paint is the Gold paint I used on the pot of Gold and also brushed a little on each of the shamrocks.

I wasn't sure what I was going to work on for this challenge and I was still a little bummed that my kids refused to either wear green yesterday or pose for me in the cute wiggly leprechaun hat headband I bought. HMMF!! I love St. Patrick's Day...its such a fun and happy and stress free "holiday" and being mostly Irish, I am proud of my heritage. Clearly my kids disagree! Oh well, at least dinner was delicious last night! I made THE BEST Corned Beef and Cabbage I have ever made and I make it at least twice a year. I used the Crock Pot this time and boy did it make a difference. It took 9 hours, but it was YUMMY and there was not a bit of leftovers!

Anyway, I remembered that I had these pictures of the Leprechaun show at Busch Gardens from our trip last year. So I quick printed them up and I used Sketch #146 from Creative Scrappers as inspiration.



I hand cut the pot out of black glitter paper and accented the top with Metallic Gold Folk Art paint. The polka dot paper is from a few years ago by Reminisce. The shamrocks and gold coins I got at Michaels, the gold letters are Anna Griffin, the bronze letters and green dew drops are Recollections, flowers are Prima, doilies are Little Yellow Bicycle, and the journal square is My Minds Eye So Sophie!

Now that its done...I'm off to dreamland!

Here's hoping I am "lucky" enough to not get CHOPPED in Round One!!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment