CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane



I've been trying to be with my family today watching TV and not doing much of anything but this pain in my back (which has now progressed to a large rash and a few bigger sores on my back and across to my stomach.....calling the doctor in the morning) that I have been fighting for a week today just won't let me sit on the couch! I'm ok sitting in my desk chair at work or my scrapping chair (which is an old kitchen chair that I repurposed) but the minute I sit on the cushy couch or forget my bed....OUCH! So after a couple hours of trying to grin and bear it I retreated back to scrapping! Poor me! :)

This layout came about as part of the Scraplift the GCT challenge at ACOT. The page I scraplifted can be seen here. I used the travel theme mostly as my inspiration as well as the colors and the die cut paper. The funny thing about this piece of BoBunny die cut paper is that it was in two pieces when I started this layout! Apparently at some point in time I only wanted to use half of it then must have changed my mind on it all together. I did a good job lining it up but you could still see that it was cut. My solution was to cut a strip of airplane paper by Best Creations and put that over where the cut was. 

I used a mish-mash of stuff on this layout! The airplane and camera stickers I have had FOREVER and are by Sandylion. The Palm Tree and the word "Fun" are chipboard stickers from a package of K& Co stickers, the "Adventure", "Journey" and the two circles at the top were out of a box of Chip accents from the Sea Glass collection by K&Co. Wow, I seem to be using a lot of K&Co stuff today. I didn't even realize I has so much of it! The ticket under the title is a Tim Holtz ticket and I used green October Afternoon mini letters and black Thickers for the title. The journaling tag is from Elle Studios and I layered that on top of a leftover piece of the border strip I used on the layout I made earlier today. I backed the entire layout on a sheet of Bazill Swiss Dot cardstock. I need to get more of that stuff!! I'm almost out!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment