CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Truth Is....

I don't know how many of you have kids with Facebook, but around here ALL the kids have one. Fortunately I am friends with all my kids on Facebook (well...not really fortunately because if they didn't have me as a friend they would not be allowed to have one!) as well as most of their friends! Its a good way to not only see what your kids are up to but its a REALLY good way to snag some photos of your kids that you would otherwise not have! Like photos they take on their phones at school, at the park etc. Many of the kids use a website called Picnic to do special effects to their photos before they post them. The photo in this layout was edited in Picnic to add the streaks through the photo and the title border which says "Susie & Caitlin...best friends at heart...sisters at soul" . I snagged it off my daughter's Facebook and was surprised to see that while 4x6 is as big as you can print it without losing a lot of quality, I was able to use it! SCORE!! I see an endless amount of photos in my future!!

I made this page using a sketch at Let's Capture These Sketches Number 73. I have been returning to that sketch over and over again trying to think of something to use for it. Finally this morning I woke up and my first thought was COFFEE...second thought was this layout! It came easily once I paired it with the GCT Challenge #3 at A Cherry On Top which is to use 1 picture and 7 items in a cluster. I used flowers by Recollections and not sure where the little white ones are from but I got them at Your Scrapbook Stash, a metal key by K&Co., "Always" tag by K&Co., metal butterfly by Recollections (can I tell you these things are a STEAL!! For 99c at Michael's you get FOUR butterflies...I thought it was only two until I opened the package! Going to have to get more of them!), a button, a word strip by K&Co that says "Just be Yourself" and a couple of those flat backed clear marbles things that are supposed to go in the bottom of a vase. Not sure what they are really called but I like them here and there on layouts! I used a border strip by K&C, the backgrond paper is Best Creations. I distressed the edges with my Distrezz It All. Been a while since I pulled that nifty little machine out! The title letters are by K&CO and look like metal but are actually thin paper and they don't stick well so I had to add adhesive to each letter. That's ANNOYING! :) Here is a close up of the cluster.
I did straighten that "S" after I took the picture!! I also used bling by Recollections and another Butterfly on the left side. And what's the BEST part of this page you ask? Ok, so you didn't ask but I'm gonna tell you. See that copper colored paper I used under the photo? Well I have had that piece of paper for...drumroll.........12 years! YEP! It was sent to me many years ago by a lady I used to do custom paper piecing for and I just never found a way to use it. Its by Paper Adventures and is called Al Fresco. It sort of feels like wallpaper and had swirls in it that you really can't see in the photo. I was soooo impressed with myself!! THIS is what happens when you spend from 2am - 11am yesterday sorting and organizing paper!! I have it in two other colors so now I'm on a mission to use THEM!

The title of this page came from the picture. I don't know if this happens all over Facebook, but my daughter and her friends will randomly post on their friends wall with the status of "Truth Is" and then all of their friends will respond to that post with random nice facts about each other. Like Truth Is...you have beautiful eyes. Or Truth Is....you are really funny. Its actually kind of cute and although its not self-explanatory I think it was a perfect title for this layout which features a photo of my daughter and her friend Caitlin that one of them edited in PICNIK to put the words on it. I snagged and it and think it was perfect for this layout.

I have an hour before I have to go out...wonder if I can get another layout done! There's another sketch at Let's Capture These Sketches that has caught my eye!!

2 comments:

Tammy E.

Awesome layout. Beautiful, vintage-like colors.

Beea

what a beautiful layout, I love vintage style :)

Post a Comment