CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 28, 2011

Chopped! Week #3


I am involved in the Chopped! Challenge over at Challenge Masters. I survived Weeks 1 and 2 and the "recipe" for Week 3 was posted this morning. "Use White, Cardboard and Stitching". The first two I was ok with but the stitching had me terrified. You should have seen me sweating while I was sewing those strips! My sewing machine doesn't usually cooperate so I don't usually bother. I thought about using the Sew Easy tool but I have to get in the shower and then go get the kids from school and I really just wanted to get this finished! Add to that the fact that the needle was not threaded and I couldn't see the eye of the needle to save my life! Took me 15 minutes just to get it threaded! Its not the best stitching....a little crooked....but its there! Chipboard butterflies and BLISS wordart by K&Co as are the shells, the "moments" sticker and the brown loopy border. The strip at the bottom that looks like sand is actually the packaging from the K&Co border I used!! Yay for re-purposing!  That qualifies it for the Fabulous Friday challenge at Frosted Designs - use something laying around the house! The "beach" sign is October Afternoon. Bling by Recollections and KaiserCraft. I used a dry brush to wipe white paint across the cardboard and then swiped a Tea Dye distress pad across the white paint to sort of mimic the dune fence in the photo. Flowers from my stash. My new FAVORITE layout!

What am I going to do after Wednesday? I go back to work and am soooo going to miss scrapping all day!! Alas, something has to pay the bills from all the supplies I want!!

4 comments:

jacque4u2c

This is just so elegant, adorable and cute!!! i just love what you did! And you know I can never get enuf bling!

ruth

Gorgeous layout! I love the movement that the swirly bling gives it. And way to recycle!!! Everything is so pretty!

Thanks for taking the challenge this week at Frosted Designs!

Anonymous

This is such a darling LO. And super idea to use the packaging. Thanks for playing along at Frosted Designs.

Hugs,
Kristin

Eli

The colors and the composition of this page I like very much. Well done!

Post a Comment