CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mystical Memories


Ahhhh....its Saturday and for the first time in well over two weeks, I FEEL GOOD!! If you follow my blog regularly you know that two weeks ago I was complaining of a mysterious back and abdominal pain. Well, I now know the reason for it. Last Thursday I awoke with the first of many sores and rashes on my back and belly. I waited it out the weekend and on Monday I saw my doctor who diagnosed me with Shingles! All I can say is that I would not wish this on my worst enemy. Its been a long, painful process but I'm so happy to say that I feel good today. The pain is minimal, the rashes are healing and I am actually looking forward to returning to work on Wednesday. The doctor has me home throug the 29th due to the fact that I work in a very public place - a college - and I need to be extra sure there is nobody there that will be affected - even though theoretically someone would have to TOUCH me to get it, and trust me...even John can't touch me!!

I have some errands to run today after I take Matt to baseball practice so I scrapped this morning. I completed yet another challenge at A Cherry On Top, this time the March Sketch Challenge. I think this makes 10 or 11 challenges for the month of March! Definately a record for me! I did turn the sketch on its side! The photo was from my honeymoon with Michael. We spent a weekend before a cruise in New Orleans and went to this Farmer's Market where they sold all sorts of different Mardi Gras masks. The photo was taken in 1996! I was so stinking skinny!

I used Lily Bee papers, Thickers, feathers and gold buttons, a Hambly transparency corner and I have NO idea who makes the "playing card" but it says "Life is a Daring Adventure". I also used some VERY old Prima rub-ons for the word "memories" under the title and also the small crest thing I added to the playing card.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Angi Barrs

Gorgeous. Love the feathers. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Post a Comment