CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Missing My Mom Today!!

  This is one of the photos of my mom that I mentioned in my earlier post about wanting to scrap today. There are actually two...this one and one of her leaning in and smelling the roses but I really liked this sketch at The Paper Trail Makers Challenge Blog and couldn't work both photos in it so I will do a separate but sort of matching layout of that one. I am also entering another one into the 7 Flowers Challenge At Scrapbookers Anonymous and finally for Challenge 95 - a layout about a woman in your life - at Scrap Whispers. I plan to put this in a shadowbox frame and hang both layouts (when I get the other one done) in my bedroom....or perhaps I will give one to my sister. I used My Minds Eye Stella & Rose papers, K&Co and Mambi embellishments. Flowers by Recollections, Michael's and AngelicaFransen Etsy Shop. Wood fence from Joanns that I painted white and lightly swiped pink ink across. Doily by Wilton.

It's been a rough day. I want to scrap more but I think I need to move away from photos of my mom for a while. Its been so bad that I have to tell you my adventure! I had to go run some errands today and I was on my way home and was in lala land, tears streaming down my face. I just kept thinking about my mom and how much I missed her. I had started this layout before I left so I was anxious to get home and finish it and was sort of daydreaming about it as I was driving. I was on this road that's very straight and easy to speed on (I honestly don't know the speed limit but if I had to guess I'd say 50mph) and apparently I was doing 72mph and when the cop passed me I never even hit the brakes! Of course he pulled me over and by the time he got to my window my tears were quite obvious. Now I know the oldest trick in the book is to cry, but my tears were real. I was so deep into my thoughts of my mom that I didn't realize how fast I was going. I admitted that I was speeding and that my mind was somewhere else. He saw my tears and asked if I was ok. I said yes, that I was just really missing my mom. He told me that I was the second person today with that problem! Anoter lady was missing her dad. He musta felt bad cuz he came back and said since I had no points on my license, he didn't want to make my day any worse! Phew! Its funny now, but I was so upset!!! Its been MANY years since I've been pulled over by a cop!!

10 comments:

Karen

Love this layout. Sorry to hear you were missing your mom - hopefully doing the layout helped you feel closer to her. Thanks for sharing your beautiful page with us over at TrailMakers!

jacque4u2c

You did an amazing job!

Lea

So sorry to hear you had such a rough day, I'm glad the police officer didn't give you a ticket. This layout is stunning! Love the pink you've added to the doilie and the fence and wow those flowers are beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!!! again:)

Theresa

you are on a roll. this is another great layout. beautiful flower cluster and love the doily. thanks again for playing with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous. =)

Karen Williams

this is beautiful - I love the photo and the flowers- at least you have the other photo to scrap at another time- you could make a twin page for this one? thanks for joining us at Scrapbookers Anonymous

Krystle

What a beautiful layout! I love how you used the fence and you did such a great job with the TrailMakers sketch!

Sue Althouse

What a lovely tribute page to your mom! So sorry for your loss, it must be hard. Great cluster of flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous!

Georgina

such a beautiful layout it should be published in a magazine - love it!

Deb Hickman

So sorry to here you're having a rough time, your LO is gorgeous and the cluster of flowers are so pretty. Such a lovely photo,love how you punched out a fence to match the photo. Thanks for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous.xx

Lynnda

So sorry to hear you are having a rough moment....

You page is so gorgeous... love the blooms and what a lovely photo as well... Thank you so much for playing along with US...over at scrapbookers Anonymous... hugs...xoxo

Post a Comment