CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 18, 2011

Winter Fishing


The journaling reads" It doesn’t matter what the calendar says or what the thermometer says.
John will go fishing any time he can! Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall. As long as there’s fish to catch, he’ll be out there." And that's te truth! I don't think I can recall him fishing in the snow, but it doesn't matter how darned cold it is...if he hears that the fish are biting, he's out there giving it his best!! This layout is based on a PageMaps sketch for the March 18th Challenge at Stuck On You Sketches. I used an older piece of Glitz paper for the background. The reverse side has bright pretty colors but this side was perfect with the blue whitewashed look. I also used the last leftover piece of TPC Mediterranean Summer I think its called. For the first time in probably 6 years, I also used Vellum although in the photo you can't notice it much. I tore a piece of clear and a piece of light blue vellum to mimic waves and inked the edges. I then went over the edges with white Puffy Paint. I also used the Puffy Paint to draw the waves. I added two different types of snowflakes (white irridescent and silver glitter) both by Recollections, a "Passion" tag by Maya Road, White Sprinkles Thickers, blue/white bakers twine and some seashells and sanddollars that I popped off a leftover Jolee's sticker.

I hesitated to do this page because for the first time in what feels like FOREVER, it hit almost 80 degrees here. I long for the warmer weather, especially since we opted to move in June and pay off some bills rather than go on vacation this year. WHAT were we thinking!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous

Gosh, I am so glad you joined in!
Couple of you ladies were so quick today! Love that!
I really think this page is unique and love some of the touches to it...the whole "winter" and "fishing" thing is pretty darn cool!
Have a great weekend, hope you get more weather like that soon!!!!

Nanne

What a fantastic take on this weeks sketch.. Love the whole winter theme, plus adding some of the small detail about the ocean.
thnx for playing along with us over at S.O.U.S..
hugs
Nanné

Sandi Clarkson

Hey, you were fast getting this one done! Love your puffy painted waves .. too cool. Thanks for playing with us this week!

Stine Ursin

Love the winter page (even though I am quite fed up with winter...). Great papers you have used, and I love the detail with the vellum waves!

Fern

WOW Susan! I love the blue and white color combo.... and the waves and snowflakes are fantastic!! Great texture!! Your page really does look cold!! Thanks for playing along with us this week... Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs!!!

Post a Comment