CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 18, 2011

Run, Don't Walk....


to your nearest Michael's Arts & Crafts store. I just happened in there because I had an hour or so to kill before picking up the kids. Of course I had my weekly coupons with me because you just "never know". Well.....I was shocked!! I was JUST in there last week and it was the same old stuff. NOT anymore! The are completely revamping the scrapping area again and have added some really great stuff....tons of new bling, letters, flowers, etc! But better than that was what I found OUTSIDE the store in the clearance bins. If you look at the top of the picture you will see 4 tins of Prima flowers that were regularly $8.99 marked down to $3.99, 4 jars of Recollections flowers in glass jars with wood lids reguarly $7.99 marked to $3.99 and 4 tubes of small Prima flowers regularly $6.99 marked down to $2.99. What you can't see if that underneath the pile is a Basic Grey Cupcake paper stack that was marked down to $2.99! Just that alone which is only a small portion of the picture, would have cost appx. $80 regular price. I got a bunch of stuff off the clearance racks....journaling spots, tiny alphabet letters, dew drops...and then they were having terrific sales! All K&Co is 40% off so I picked up a bunch of stuff from them, I got some of the new Recollections bling swirls as I am very close to running out of all the bling I got last summer at CKC and no way I will make it till July and CKC 2011!! All Flowers and Metal Embellishments were also 40% off so I got a bunch of thta stuff too from Making Memories, Recollections, Prima, etc. The only things I paid full price for were the glue dots and ballpoint glue pen that I NEEDED, trimmer replacement blades which I also desperately needed and this pack of glitter letters that are brand new to the store. 
There were a bunch of different styles but I really liked the glitter color on these and they were $4.99...the most expensive item I bought! Not pictured is a few St. Patty's decorations that I also got for 70% off. I'm 90% Irish so some of the things (Blessing Plaque, Good Luck Slate Plaque) will be left out all year long and the rest will be put away for next March 17th! All total, for all the items in the picture above I spent .....DRUMROLL......$101.89! Now I did have the coupon this week that I printed off the internet for $25 off $125 (or $5 off $50, etc.) but even still....I have a HUGE haul here and paid just a little more than the flowers would have cost me at regular price...and I've paid regular price for them MANY times!! I was so excited, I decided not to bother going to AC Moore. I kinda, sorta just spent my monthly budget!! Oops!!

Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment