CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Big Brothers Give Big Gifts



I am not what you would call a "Holiday Scrapper". Any holiday...not just Christmas. In fact, even being a scrapper, there are a couple of years that I don't even have pictures of the holiday events! Some I lost in a hard drive crash but there are at least 2 years that I didn't even take a picture. Mostly when the kids were much smaller. There was so much going on....his one needed help with this and that one couldn't open that....and then of course Christmas Breakfast has to be made. Well who do you think DOES all that? Yep, me....and between all of that I am supposed to be the photographer as well? So there are not a lot of Christmas pictures in my scrapbooks and I am ok with that because the time spent with my family was much more important and the memories are still there!

Having said that, there ARE years that I do have photos. And even THOSE years aren't well represented in my scrapbooks because quite frankly, Christmas layouts intimidate me. There is SO MUCH stuff you can buy and I just get overwhelmed, I buy a whole bunch of stuff and never use it. These photos are from two Christmas' ago and I am just now getting them scrapped! I LOVE these photos. I have three kids from two marriages. My oldest son Johnny will be 21 in August (and I will be 29!) and the two "kids" as they are referred to are 14 and 12. Being older, the "kids" make out at Christmas because Johnny always buys them big gifts! This was from 2009 and he bought Matt a RockBand game system and Susie got her first pair of Uggs (because I am a mean mommy and refused to spend $100 on shoes when her feet are still growing!). After they opened their gifts from Johnny, they both gave him big hugs! I love my kids and I love that even though Johnny is 6 and 7 years older respectively, they are VERY close.

All paper and most embellies are Echo Park - Merry Christmas. Title letters are Jillbean Soup and the little letters are Echo Park - Playgrond and Crate Paper - Portrait for the date at the bottom. Sketch by Diana for Frosted Designs and I am entering it in their Sketch Along Tuesdays sketch #11 contest.

Now that its done, I really am very happy with this Christmas page! But I don't think I want to do another one today. Even though it does feel about as cold as it does on Christmas morning and the calendar says its Spring. Yeah right!

7 comments:

kissinia

This is brilliant page. I love the colour scheme and text. Thank you for joining Frosted Designs this week!

Unknown

I think you did a wonderful job on the Christmas layout! I love the title and the inking around the page. Thanks for joining us at Frosted Desgins. Oh and I love your blog, its super cute!

Debbie Bakk

Nice take on the sketch and love the title and the crimped chipboard really adds dimension. You did a fabulous job on all your embellies. Hope to see more of your work at Frosted Designs- Thanks for playing at Sketch Along Tuesdays.

Fern

Susan, you wouldn't know you were intimidated with scrapping holiday layouts by looking at this beauty! This is fabulous and I love your title!!! Thanks for joining us over at Sketch Along Tuesday ~ Frosted Designs!! Hugs!! Hope it warms up soon!!!

Joni Parker

This layout is really great Susan... What a cute thing to document for the kids when they get older!! I too find that I don't scrap too much Christmas...I do take the photos, though and then do a few layouts and then that's it. (So I understand)... You really rocked this one though!! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs Sketch Along Tuesday!

Debbie

Susan I'm so happy you had a chance to play along with our sketch at Frosted Designs Sketch Along Tuesdays Challenge! You did a great job of scrapping those Christmas pictures! Love your title and great pictures!!!

Nikki

Ooooh! I love Christmas layouts! This is fabulous, and those letters are perfect for it!! Thanks for playing at Frosted Designs!

Post a Comment