CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

We Are Family



I don't have a traditional family. I have three children--a son who will be 21 from my first marriage; and from my second marriage I have a son, 14 and a daughter, 12. As some of you know, my second husband passed away a few years ago and I am now in a relationship with my boyfriend, John. He also has a son but he lives pretty far away and we don't see him often and I have no photos of him. That makes us a multiple blended family! But a family we are! I swear I spent more time photographing this layout than I did actually creating it!! I am submitting this to the following challenges:

1. Color Challenge at Challenge Masters - Dark Blue, Tan and Cream; .
2. Make It Monday Challenge at The Kraft Journal - Use Flowers (and Kraft paper!)

After I had it all done and had already uploaded it to the Gallery there and two other online galleries I post my work, I remembered about the March challenge at Kraft It Up which is to incorporate the phrase "There is no greater GIFT than today." I realized that the phrase fit perfectly on my layout and I had used Kraft paper!!!!! So back to the drawing board I went, trying a few different ways of adding the phrase, and finally deciding on my own handwriting and one word in mini letter stickers.   And as my luck has it, AS I WAS writing the word "day" I realized that it was supposed to say GIFT.  Oh well, I was not about to ruin the whole layout and the idea is still there.  Its an Aussie challenge blog so I wasn't in the running for a prize anyway!  I love the layout and the phrase fit it so wonderfully!  

I  used a sketch by Beggahuna. Its almost impossible to not love your layouts using her sketches! Used strips of MME Stella & Rose. The swirly things are K&Co and were originally silver but I misted them with Denim Glimmer Mist and I love the way they came out mottled looking. Lace, flowers and pearls from my stash. Letters are Thickers and October Afternoon.

3 comments:

Cathy

Gorgeous LO Susan.. love the design and the touches of lace!! Thanks for joining in at KIU :)

Audrey Pettit

What a beautiful layout! I absolutely adore your photo arrangement and all the lovely flowers. The kraft background looks amazing, too.
Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Kraft Journal.

Aphra Bolyer

LOVE your color combination here. And your overall composition. Just beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal. :)

Post a Comment