CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Angel


Another lousy picture but its just been a lousy, sunless day here! This one was done using the Twisted Sketches #93 sketch with the twist of a "swirl" of some kind. My swirl is the chipboard piece at the bottom that I inked with Cats Eye ink and then sprayed with Bubble Gum and Pearl Glimmer Mist. You can't see it in the photo but it shimmers really nice! The pink doily I cut with a new Nestabilities die I just got in the mail today! I used Dear Lizzy fabric paper and a piece of a Crate Paper banner to qualify it for the ACOT Guest GCT Challenge and the Frosted Designs Friday Challenge to use a banner.   I'm REALLY not a fan of banners. I know they are the "in" thing but I just am not crazy about how they look on my pages. I added some rose trim and bling to the chipboard, banner and doily. Letters are from my stash--not quite as thick as Thickers, but not flat either and I'm not sure where or when I got them! The are a shimmery pink glitter gelly letter. The heart and journal tag are by Prima.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Kim Sonksen

Oh wow - I adore your take on the sketch!
Thank you for joining us over at TWISTED SKETCHES

Betty Anne

Susan you layout is really cute, I love the paper, stitching and banner. Great job.
Sorry I haven't stopped in for a while but I have been really busy helping Cheri run Let's Scrap. I never realized how much work it was to keep things running smoothly in a group.

Barb Craft

Susan... this is such a sweet LO! I love the soft colors you used and what a precious photo!! And even though you don't like them... I think your banner looks fabulous!! Thanks for taking on our banner challenge this week at Frosted Designs!!
barb :)

Sheena

Loving your take on our sketch x
Many thanks for playing along.
Sheena x
Twisted Sketches

ruth

Susan it's so cute!! You are way too hard on yourself...the banner is adorable! :) I love the little extra 'bling' you added to your page too.

Thanks for taking the challenge this week at Frosted Designs!

Anonymous

Super cute LO. I think your banner is super sweet! Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs.

Hugs,
Kristin

Eli

It's a precious page. Great job.

Rachel Wohrlin

Beautiful LO. I love the roses!

kate blue

love the layout and I too feel the same about banners even though another one of my DT's is making me use one! I think yours came out great though so....love all the bling touches too :):)

Post a Comment