CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 12, 2011

You're My Lucky Charm


I love St. Patrick's Day and am very proud of my Irish heritage but we really don't do anything to "celebrate" the day now that the kids are older. When they were younger I'd buy them shamrock socks, those silly wiggly headband things, leave a bag of gold chocolate coins, etc. and would have some good photo ops to scrap! Now that they are teens, all of the above is OUT! I don't even hang shamrocks up in the house anymore! Naturally a lot of challenges this month centered around Luck and Green in the spirit of St. Patty's Day. I wasn't sure what I could pull off to work that into a layout until I found this sheet of informal school portraits from a few years ago. I used the weekly Sketch Inspirations sketch #210 as inspiration and followed the Countdown Challenge at ACOT and the layout came together rather quickly! I used a piece of Fancy Pants "About A Girl" paper (its all pretty and pink on the other side!) and inked it up with some brown ink to tone down the green a little. The shamrock paper has been in my stash forever and I use bits and pieces of it! I still have a little left for next year! The Luck stickers on the tag and the flower cluster on the right are leftovers from several years ago from the Reminisce Lucky line. Good thing I'm a hoarder! I picked up the little gold coins and glitter shamrocks at Michaels the other day "just in case" and I think they add the perfect touch! The flowers are all Primas except the two lighter roses which I got in the wedding supply section of AC Moore. Gold and white buttons from my stash. I'm running low on gold buttons!!! For the Countdown Challenge I had to use AT LEAST the following:

5 - Flowers
4 - Word Title
3 - Green Elements
2 - Papers
1 - Tag
Theme: Luck

I am also linking this to Scrap Whispers for Challenge 93 - Use only portrait photos and for the March challenge at Scrap It Forward which is to use green as your main color and have the word LUCKY in your title.
Thanks for looking!! That's probably it from me today! We have a busy day today!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Georgina

I'm loving all of the Irish green! So topical for this time of year! Thanks for playing along with the scrapwhisper challenge!

Squirrel

Super cute photos, and the green and gold are beautiful together. Thanks for joining in the Scrap Whispers challenge!
Rosey x

Anonymous

Wonderful layout! Thanks for playing along at SIF! :0)

Post a Comment