CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 11, 2011

Layout: Wanted


The ONE good thing about having a child with a broken leg is that I am leaving work early each day to pick her up. We live in a small town and there is no bus service and we live about a mile and a half from the school. That's a long walk on crutches. Unfortunately, most of the week I get her home and run out and get some errands done but today I got home and immediately got to work on the newest sketch at Stuck On U Sketches. I saw the sketch earlier this week when I was cruising some blogs late at night and originally planned to do something frilly and soft and romantic - much like the sketch itself. Instead, I combined the sketch with a challenge at ACOT to use Cosmo Cricket papers. This is the WANTED line and I think it works perfect with my photo of the kids and their cousins at the shooting gallery! I am also entering this in the Punky Scraps challenge to use 3 out of the following 5 techniques:

ditressing - Check
misting - Check (I misted the doily)
black & white photo  (Check - well I used Sepia)
flowers
sparkles (not limited to bling....anything that is sparkly counts!)Gold key and buttons.  They are much shinier in real life so I hope it counts if the Sepia doesn't!

On another note, I want to extend my prayers and thoughts to all of those affected by the earthquakes and tsunami's that took place today. One of my closest friends is Japanese and her family is still there. I spent the morning glued to my tv, texting my friend trying to reassure her that everyone would be ok. By mid-afternoon I received word that she had indeed made contact with her family and all were well, although shaken up. Her family is mostly in Tokyo but she has a good friend in Sentai where the quake hit the hardest. Please keep them in your prayers along with all of the other victims of this awful natural disaster.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Nanne

Oh wow!! that is awesome.. I love the sepia photo with the old west look & feel of your layout.. I think you've done an absolutely fantastic job ..
thnx for playing along with us over at SOUS and hope to see you again soon :)
Hugs
Nanné

Anonymous

This is really very stunning! The paper choices are all totally perfect!
I was in the hospital with my Mom while watching all the news...kind of put things into perspective, ya know?
My prayers are with them all as well.

Sandi Clarkson

Absolutely adore this! That Wantede line is one of my all time favorites and it goes perfectly with your photos. Hope to see you back Stuck on U.

Fern

Beautiful!! Great take on the sketch and I loooove the paper!!!! Fun picture, too!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck On U Sketches!!! Hugs!!!

Cheryl (C Mom Go)

VEry cool page!!

Stine Ursin

This layout is so gorgeous. The papers matches the photo and the setting in the photo, and the embellishments you have used makes it all come together wonderfully!! Love it!

Kat

very cool layout! love all the fun elements. thanks for playing along with us at punky scraps!

Natalie Jane

This is lovely :) love all the detail!! Sorry to hear of you daughters broken leg!
Have a good day :)
nat xox

Mandy Harrell

This is such a great layout!! Love it!!

tiffany

wow this is so great, love the misting on the doily! So glad to have you join in the challenge at Punky Scraps! =) Tiffany DT

Post a Comment