CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 25, 2010

6th Grade - Stuck On U Sketches


Well, I THOUGHT I was going to bed soon after my last post until I stopped at the Stuck On U Sketches blog and saw the newest sketch. Its a double page PageMaps sketch but I chose to only do the left side. I found these SEI Silk Road papers when I was searching for the Monkey paper from the last post! Do you think I have TOO much paper? I forget what I have!! I don't think this is TOO old though....maybe 6 month or so. The photo is of my son, Matt. They have school photos taken twice a year (stupid if you ask me!). The Fall are the more formal portraits and in the Spring are these casual shots. What I didn't realize until I turned on my Ott light to photograph the layout, is that the dark colored paper is actually blue and not black, and the print where the photo is matted on has two colors...orange and pink! LOL! I definately did not see blue or pink the entire time I was creating this layout but oh well....I still like it and you really can't tell unless you are in good light. The foil embossed chip accent on the side of the photo is also SEI from the same line. The blackboard is Cosmo Cricket and I added some orange gems to the centers of the flowers. The paper flower is Recollections with a Lily Bee Lovely chipboard flower center and the larger chipboard flower is also Lily Bee with a gem in the center. Beneath the blackboard is a Jillibean Soup journaling sprout. I'm almost out of them and I promised myself no new scrap stuff until August!!  Chipboard letters are Basic Grey and the letter stickers are Recollections. Oh yeah, and the flowers again for Practical Scrappers!  Wonder what next weeks challenge will be?  This is it for today....my eyes are closing whether I want them to or not. I think I completed 5 layouts today....not bad!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Barb Craft

You are a scrapping machine!!! I love the way you used just the one page of the SOUS sketch!! Great job on the title...I like the two different fonts!! And you have a very handsome man!!
Barb :)

Anonymous

Aww, this is great! And for the record, I am with you! The photos twice a year and they charge an arm and a leg for them too! It is just so expensive.

And seriously 5 pages in a day? And here I thought I kicked butt for having done 5 this week! LOL!

Thanks so much for playing!

Nanne

An absolutely perfect page and the sketch looks wonderful even as a one pager..I adore those colors and prints, just perfect for a masculine page..
Hugs
Nanné

savvy teaching tips

Don't you just love that Silk Road paper. Great job with the flowers too. You really rocked the challenge. Thanks for joining us this week at Practical Scrappers.

Post a Comment