CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 25, 2010

Random Matt 09



I normally don't take classes because I find that I am often dissapointed with the projects. I understand that the classes have to be formatted to be comfortable for beginning scrappers as well as more seasoned scrappers, but I'd just assume teach myself new techniques with the help of YouTube and the enormous amount of video tutorials on various blogs. However, I did sign up for a class at Big Picture Scrapbooking this summer with May Flaum called Camp Scrap. Today was day two of the class and the email handout had a sketch for a two page layout using 5 photos. I was still laying in bed early this AM when I read the email -- gotta love the Blackberry -- and thought it would be a neat thing to take just 5 random shots of my son Matt from last year and put them together on one layout. Now most of these photos will also find their way (some already have) onto individual layouts, but it was fun to just take random photos and use them all together. Its a fairly simple layout without a lot of embellishing (just buttons and a journal spot!) but I really like how it came out! And Day Two of Camp is complete!! :) For this layout I used some older Jillibean Soup papers that I had from the Cold Raspberry line. I also used two different ribbons that were in my stash, Jillibean Soup corrugated letters, Basic Grey chipboard letters and buttons from my stash. I had a hard time getting a photo of both pages without the colors changing on one or the other so I apologize for the difference in the coloring on the two pages. The backgrounds really are exactly the same!

0 comments:

Post a Comment