CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 4, 2010

New Challenge Blog!

Have you heard about the newest challenge blog on the block? Its called Sketches In Thyme. I found out about it because one of my blog buddies, Debbie, is one of their Design Mavens! Don't you love that....MAVENS! I instantly liked the sketch which came from http://scrapiopath.blogspot.com/ for the first challenge and couldn't wait to get home from all the sports activities last night to get started. Alas, this miserable cold (yep, still sick after 9 days and two doctor visits) got the best of me and I didn't get very far with it last night so I completed it this morning. The photos are of my son, Matthew. He's the most loving, caring 13 year old boy you'd ever want to meet, yet he's got that little hint of devil in him as most 13 year old boys do!! Some girl is going to be very lucky some day. He "says" he's never leaving me....oh if only that were true! LOL! The papers are Jillibean Soup and I cut it into the bracket shape on my Cricut and SCAL using the 09 Cut Ups Font.  I LOVE this Frog paper!! The frog prince is a cut on my Cricut from SVG Cuts and I added a crown from the Alphalicious Cricut Cartridge. The title is cut on my Cricut using Opposites Attract and Alphalicious. All of that Cricut use qualifies the layout for ScrapFit Workout #21 - Exercise Machines. The ribbon is by Creative Charms and the buttons and twine are from my stash  which qualify this layout for the weekly challenge to use buttons over at Frosted Designs. Stay tuned for another posting....I've been busy this morning!!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Pat

Love the papers you used & great title!

Dawnll

Susan what a great use of the sketch,love those pictures...glad you played along with us Mavens.
Hope you play with us again

Debbie

Hey blogger friend - what a fun layout! Love all the green! The frog is adorable! How you manage all of your activities, being sick and getting this great layout done, amazes me! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme!

Fern

Yes, I can see where you got your title!!! Very handsome young man and he's got a sence of humor!!!lol Love the way you used the sketch and the frog is super cute!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sketches In Thyme!!!

Unknown

Thanks for such a great shout out for Sketches In Thyme! I love your take on this sketch. The frog and the title are adorable! I love it and can't wait to see what you do next!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Brenda

What a great layout! That frog is adorable!! Thanks for playing along at SIT!

Barb Craft

Okay... which is cuter, your son or the frog?!!! LOL!! Seriously... love this LO!! You did a fabulous job on the sketch and I am so glad to see you were able to join us Sketches in Thyme AND Frosted Designs!!
Barb :)

Kelly B Rutherford

What a FITabulous LO!!! So stealing this idea!!! Love it chick!

Laurajean

gorgeous layout :) LOVE it ;)
And thanks for playin' along with us at ScrapFit :)

Random Acts of Krafting

This is adorable! Love that frog. Thank you for playing with Sketches in Thyme. I hope we see more of your work.
Hugs
Tanya

Anonymous

Too stinking adorable :) You are very talented!

Post a Comment