CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Pink Lady


Sometimes I join a site and then forget all about it until I see it posted on someone else's blog! That's exactly how this layout came about. I was checking out my blog friend Denise's blog here and not only realized that she is on the Design Team there (Yay, Denise!!) but she posted the weekly sketch at Pages In Time. I love circles so decided to have a go at the sketch. I had pulled these photos when I pulled the ones I used on the Rock Star layout. Both photos are basically the same theme (funny colored hair from a Libby Lou birthday party) just different ages. She was 7 in these photos and 5 in the others! I figured since I had the photos pulled out, I should use them...plus I really trying hard to keep scrapping some older photos too. I had at least 5 different colored backgrounds for this layout....white, turquoise glitter, kraft, pale yellow and then finally decided on black. Its really quite rare that I use black as a background although I don't know why, because it really made the colors in the papers and flowers pop. I did this layout a few hours ago but have been patiently waiting for the tons of distress Stickles to dry. I couldn't wait any longer so I took the photo while the Stickles is still not fully dry....its dry to the touch but if you press it will ooze!! I have ZERO patience!

Supply List:

Black Dot Cardstock - Unknown
Fancy Pants PPs - About A GirlFlowers - Recollections (pink) and Oriental Trading (turquoise)
Bling flower centers - Unknown
Distress Stickles - Worn Lipstick
Title Letters - American Crafts Vinyl Thickers
Leaf Punch - Marvy

5 comments:

Wendy

I love the black background! The flowers, swirls and hair are gorgeous! lol

Barb Craft

This LO rocks!!! I am lovin' that pink hair!! It looks like your daughter was having a lot of fun!! And I have to say.. .those pink flourishes are amazing!!
Barb :)

Carolina

You are right, the black background really makes everything pop!

Pam

This is such an adorable LO. What a great job you did with the flower challenge at Practical Scrappers this week!! Thanks so much for joining us!

Betty Anne

What a great layout Susan. I love the black background with all the pinks and I really love that flourish.

Post a Comment