CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 25, 2010

What a Rock Star! (Sketchy Thursdays)


I have tried at least a dozen times to get a decent photo of this layout and it just will not cooperate! So this is as good as it gets. I may try again when the sun goes down a little bit. The chipboard letters at the bottom that look black are actually a metallic teal color that match the papers perfectly! Not sure I'll be able to get that to photograph properly no matter what I do!

The photos are my daughter when she was just 5 years old. There was a store in the mall called Club Libby Lu and she had been invited to a birthday party there. They dress the girls up in glitzy, glam clothes, do their hair in the "theme" they pick out (things like Rock Star, Princess, Punk Rocker, Glam Girl, etc), put makeup on them and then at the end they all do a little dance! It was really cute. I'm not sure if they are even around anymore. This particular party, Susie chose the Rock Star theme and came home with these crazy turquoise hair pieces in and if you look closely you can see a headset with a microphone (a la Madonna/Britney Spears!) She had silver stars glued onto her face and just looked adorable! She...actually we both...look so young!! 7 years really does a number on a body.

This layout uses the weekly sketch at Sketchy Thursdays. I got to it early this week! Last week I submitted with just 10 minutes to spare! Most of the papers are Lilly Bee with the exception of the star paper at the top and the paper on the turquoise star which are My Minds Eye. The star chipboard is by Melody Ross, the letters are all Colorbok from the $1 spot at Target and the bling I am not sure as it was in my stash without any packaging.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

D

She definitely looks like a little rock star! You photo looks great. It's tough during summer with the harsh sunlight. Yeah, 7 years makes a difference doesn't it. Hate it :(

Barb Craft

This is one of my favorites!!! LOVE the way you distressed the papers and the giant stars rock!!! This LO is fabulous!!!!
Barb :)

Anonymous

Susan you are so talented! I looked at this sketch yesterday and couldn't imagine what to do with it. You've totally inspired me, maybe I'll have to try and tackle it this weekend. Great job!

Kim Fifield

Awesome layout :)Colours all work so well with the photos. I love how you distressed the papers!! I also chose old photos for my layout... time goes by rather quick doesn't it?!!

Wendy

This is so pretty! I love the colors and the stars are awesome!

lisa

Great LO. One of my fave colour combos : )

Julie Tucker-Wolek

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this!! I loveeeeeeeeee those adorable photos, the stars and the distressing!!! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Post a Comment