CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Practical Scrappers Challenge

I am getting in just under the wire on this challenge as its due no later than 5pm EST! I saw it earlier in the week and forgot all about it until my good friend Carolina posted hers and then I remembered! Then it was the saga of finding the picture again....except this time I knew I had printed them!! The challenge at Practical Scrappers was to use Acrylic, Transparencies and Vellum. I took a clear Hambly Animal print transparency and inked (I know...here we go with the ink again and you can see I smudged it on the bottom of the page) the back of it to match Susie's shirt. Cut the scallop border on the Cricut, added a Petaloo Dazzler flower (it had an orange center but a black Sharpie fixed that problem!) and hand cut the stem and leaves out of black cardstock and the title and this one is finished!! All total it probably took my 20 minutes from start to finish on this one. Don't ya love when you have a vision and it just falls right into place. I used a sketch by Helen Croft at Scrap A Little Sketches as a jumping off point.



And now, I think I am going to leave the scraproom for a while. I'm actually tired of scrapping today!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Carolina

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!! It matches the t-shirt so perfectly!!!!!!!!!! And in 20 minutes? Just perfect!!!!!!!!!!!

Christine Meyer

Fabulous layout, thanks for sharing it with us at Practical Scrappers!

Post a Comment