CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm Going To Disney!


OK not really!  I WISH I was though!  And I was right back there tonight as I was looking through pictures from our 2006 trip.  Even John was enjoying looking at the pictures.  The kids look SOOO young and it was not even a full 4 years ago!  Amazing, actually!  So in my mind I'm in Disney, having the time of my life!  Its my favorite place in the world and John is just not into it at all so my next hope to go is when I have grandchildren....at least that's what he says!!  Hey Wendy, maybe we should plan a trip together!  LOL!!  Me, you, Mickey and scrapping in Disney!  Anywhooo, this layout accomplished several things on my to-do list (which I left at work today so was sorta lost when I sat down to scrap...I NEED my notes!!).   I mentioned that I am taking the Camp Scrap class at Big Picture a few posts ago.  One of the challenges was to use a color you are not comfortable with.  For me, that color is yellow.  I don't know why, but I find myself avoiding it as much as possible in my layouts.  But these pictures demanded yellow!  The photos are of Susie and Matt sitting in the big chairs inside Minnie Mouse's house in Toontown.  You can't see it in this picture but Susie even has a yellow skirt on!!  I used yellow Minnie Mouse print paper and red/white polka dot paper by Sandylion, dot ribbon from $1 spot at Target, the yellow braided flower is a new favorite that I just got in a fun order from Creative Charms, the Mickey and Minnie stickers are by Disney, the title letters are from Michael's and the bubble ones I have no idea!  The layout is based on the sketch over at Sketch Inspirations this week so I got that combined with the Camp Scrap challenge! 
This layout is also from the same 2006 Disney trip.  It is ALSO today's "recipe" from Camp Scrap.  1 piece of cardstock, 2 sheets of patterned paper and embellishments.  And while I am not a huge fan of double layouts, this worked out perfect as it called for 7 landscape 4x6's and it just so happened I had exactly 7 shots of the kids (John's son is also in the picture....we don't see him often so you don't see him appear in too many of my layouts) getting their faces painted at MGM Studios.  Again, Sandylion patterned paper, Disney stickers, the chipboard bookplate is SEI, the Mickey Balloon brads are from The Eyelet Outlet and the the white letters are American Crafts Thickers.  The Mickey Head I cut from the Mickey and Friends Cricut Cartridge.  Took me abuot 20 minutes to do this layout and I got an entire event scrapped!!

That's it for me tonight!  I'm actually thrilled that I got these two done and I didn't even come into my scraproom until 9pm!  Tomorrow is Crew again with Susie so I probably won't be getting anymore scrappy time until Wednesday night and boy do I have a lot of layout ideas and challenges to complete in my notebook!

2 comments:

Wendy

LOL!!! I was soooo jealous when I read the title of your post! I wish I was going back too....maybe another year or two....
LOVE the Minnie layout! The torn paper was a great idea!
I guess we will be visiting Disney through old pictures this summer....

Barb Craft

Wow!! Look at these!! I am actually going to Disney in October... my daughter won a trip!! We are so excited we can hardly stand it!! I will certainly be back to take a look at what I want to steal for myself for our trip!! Your pictures look like all of you are having so much fun!! But then again... you're in Disney, how could you not be having fun?!!! And I LOVE the yellow in the first LO!!
Barb :)

Post a Comment