CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sassy Little Sketches & Frosted Designs


I didn't clean up after my last layout ("Already Twelve"...see post below) so after returning home from grocery shopping, watching the end of the Nascar race and getting the lasagna for tonight's dinner prepared and in the oven, I sat back down. While watching the race I was also blog hopping and came across this sketch at Sassy Lil' Sketches:

I had already printed this photo of Susie and our cat, Cloudy as I was going to use this one for the layout I did earlier but changed my mind. I grabbed the photo, looked around at the mess on my desk and thought "I can do something with this". Everything on this layout is leftovers from the earlier layout with the exception of the title letters (you can't tell but they are glitter) which I picked up on Friday at Target on the 99c rack! The only other items I had to dig out were the buttons and the doily. All the papers are scraps from My Minds Eye. I got an assortment pack about a month ago at a great deal from CraftySteals and boy have I gotten a lot of use out of it. The patterns are so nice and work well with so many themes. The butterfly brads as well as the center of the two larger flowers are from CreativeCharms Deal of the Month from May. I have also gotten a ton of layouts out of that assortment pack! The felt butterfly is leftover Heidi Swapp that I coated with crystal glitter (gotta get that glitter in for Frosted Designs. The tiny flower is glitter Petaloo Dazzlers. The doily is by Wilton and the pearls under the flower on the doily that you can barely see in the picture are by Wrights.

Now I really must clean up my desk a little. I'm about tired of pink and greenish-blue!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Barb Craft

I love the sketch you used and you did a fabulous job with it!! I am lovin those papers too!! So sweet and girly!!
Barb :)

all the days of our life

Oh WOW!!! This is adorable, I love that sketch. beautiful colors and pps. great photo. Thanks for playing with us at FD.

Katie

What a sweet layout! I just love all the feminine touches. So happy your found Sassy Lil' Sketches!

Sasya

stunning layout!!! :) i adore it!!

Cassie

This is so beautiful!!
I love the layering on top of the circles!!
Fab idea!!
=)

Cherie

OMGoodness! That is SOOOO cute! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at SLS!

Martine

I LOVE your take on the sketch!! love how you embellished the circles! fabulous!! and I love the kitty pic too! :)

Post a Comment