CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Just Us and Susie's 10th Birthday

I haven't been feeling well the past week with some abdominal pains that I can't get an explanation for so today, considering the temperatures are expected to reach or exceed 100 with the heat index, I decided it was a good day to call out sick. It is also the last day of school for my kids so I wanted to be here to take them out to lunch and let them know how very proud of them I am. Both kids were on the Merit Roll all year long! WAY TO GO!! I just picked my daughter and her BFF up from school and as soon as I finish this post we will get my son and get some celebrating in! I see a trip to Dairy Queen in my future!!  Here's to Summer Vacation!

I have two layouts this morning (although I did 4 but two I cannot show yet!) and both of them use papers from my absolute favorite Bella Blvd! These papers are wonderful! You can get several lines and still use them together seamlessly as I did with both of these layouts. This first one is John and I posing next to this enormous tree called a FLAMBOYANT at the resort we stayed at in Antigua. I used all Bella Blvd. papers from the Campin Out' (yellow) and All Inclusive (circle and dotted strip) lines. The title letters are also Bella Blvd. from the All Inclusive line. The 4 small flowers are Prima and the flower brads are Making Memories. Not sure who made the swiss dot card stock as it was a package I bought from a discount site some time ago and was not advertised with a manufacturer. The sketch for this layout is #108 from Creative Scrappers and of course the flowers qualify it for Practical Scrappers this week!


The next layout catches me up with all of Susie's birthdays!!  This was her 10th birthday and she looks like such a baby to me in the photo, even though it was only two years ago!

Because I love all my Bella papers so much, I have found myself saving even the smallest of scraps which I normally don't do.  If its not a good chunk, I usually pitch it.  I'm glad I saved all these scraps now because this layout is made entirely of scraps...I did not cut into a single full sheet of paper!!

I used ALL Bella Blvd. papers again from the following lines:  All Inclusive, Estate Sale, Plastino and Camped Out!  How's that for lines that work perfectly together!  The title is Jillibean Soup (corrugated) and Bella Blvd. (letter stickers).  The Chipboard sayings at the top and the bottom are Bella Blvd. Ciao Chip.  The blue flower is Doodlebug, the green flower is Prima and the brad in the center is Basic Grey.  Leaves I punched from a Marvy leaf punch.  The chipboard tree was Maya Road bare chipboard covered with more Bella papers!  Again, no clue on the swiss dot cardstock!!  Can you tell I've been looking through my piles of stuff!!  I've had that pack of cardstock 3 years and never opened it!  The sketch for this layout is #109 from Creative Scrappers and once again the flowers qualify it for Practical Scrappers this week.

I have two more layouts in my sketch book for today....one from The Pink Elephant and one from Sassy Lil Sketches....so you will hear from me at least once more today, hopefully!!  Stay COOL!!!


6 comments:

D

Hate that you're not feeling well girl! Get that checked out will ya? Your layout is awesome! Love the pictures.

Unknown

your layouts are beautiful...I really like the use of the 2 flowers as accents in the first one. Thanks for playing at practical scrappers

Barb Craft

Susan.. these layouts are fabulous!! (of course!!) The first one made me chuckle because I have so many pictures from vacations where either I or my husband is in the picture for rarely both of us!! You did a fabulous job of scrapping both pictures togetherr!!! And your daughter is absolutely beautiful.. at 10 and now!! Great job on both LOs!! Hope you get to feeling better soon!!
Barb!!

scrappingnomad

Susan, how can you do 4 fabulous layouts in just one morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are a very quick scrapper!!!

Unknown

Love both of the lo´s! Great clean lines! Just in my taste! :) Thanks for playing with us at PS! /Pia

3treescreations@gmail.com

Loving these! Love the colors and all your layers. Thanks for playing at Practical Scrappers.

Deanne :)

Post a Comment