CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Flowers, Buttons and SILICONE?

I woke early this morning (5:30am) to the smell of coffee and sounds of John getting ready to go fishing again. I was sleeping on the couch because I just can't get comfortable in bed with the pulled stomach muscles I have now given myself due to all the coughing. I've stayed inside ALL weekend long...the longest I've been outside was to photograph layouts! I played around with different variations of this layout for hours. Just couldn't get anything to go the way I wanted. After doing so many layouts on Friday and Saturday that I really liked, I was a little annoyed that this was taking so long. Finally I just made myself start gluing...had it not been for that, I may still be moving things around! Now that its done, its one of my new favorite pages. All the paper is My Minds Eye Just Dreamy 2.

This page has a lot of dimension to it with the flowers, the leaves, the thick letters (which nearly gave my Cricut machine a fit!) and the chipboard heart raised up on pop dots with a flower on top of that. It was quite relaxing to sit in the quiet house while the kids were still sleeping, just making flowers. All the flowers and leaves, the heart and the title (both the pp and the chipboard) were cut on the Cricut using the Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge.  Using the Cricut qualifies this layout for ScrapFit Challenge 21 - Exercise Machines.  Some of the flowers have button centers, qualifying this layout for the Frosted Design challenge, and others have Dew Drops for the centers but you can't really see them in the picture. The flowers qualify for the Alphabet Challenge Blog: F Is For Flowers. I added some Stickles to the border of the heart which doesn't show well either. I had to wait for the kids to get up before I started distressing with the Distrezz-It-All. Believe me when I tell you it sounds like you are cutting wood on a table saw, its THAT loud!!

I've discovered a new adhesive that is perfect for pages like this. Its called Helmar Scrap Dots and I got it at A Cherry On Top in my last order. Basically its silicone for scrappers! Put a blob where you want your flower and gently push the flower into it. Once dry, they aren't going anywhere! I used it on the leaves as well along the fold so that both edges of the leaves could be raised from the paper. If you look closely at the picture below you can see the silicone blob under one of the flowers. John just shook his head when I told him I paid $3.50 for a small tube of the silicone glue. Told me I could get an entire caulk-gun sized tube for that at Home Depot! LOL!
I think I will go blop hopping now to see what everyone else has been up to since I don't feel too much mojo today and can't bear the thought of another 7 hour layout! Plus its Sunday....there's a few new challenges posted around the web today. I can make my attack plan for next weekend!
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Pat

Beautifully done!!! I love those flowers!

Unknown

This is gorgeous! I love those flowers.....what
about some of that adhesive! This is just stunning! THanks for sharing this one with us at Frosted Designs!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Lesley

What a beautiful LO! I love all the flowers, they are gorgeous! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Barb Craft

I am sooo glad you just went ahead and started glueing because this LO is lovely!! I LOVE all the dimension you gave it and your flowers are yummy!! And thankd for the adhesive tip!! Thanks for sharing another one with us at Frosted Designs!! (Hope those stomach muscles start to feel better!)
Barb :)

Kelly B Rutherford

OMG this is just awesome!!! Those flowers are WOW!!! Thanks for working out with us at scrapFIT!! FYI: We have a DT search going right now if you are interested!

made by fifi

fab LO - love those flowers and the dimension they produce -thank you for joining in the alphabet challenge this week x

Laurajean

this is FABulous Susan...LOVE all of those flowers, just gorgeous ;)
Thanks for playin' along with us at ScrapFit ;)

all the days of our life

GORGEOUS. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Those flowers.
Thank you for playing with us at FD.

Anonymous

This is so stunning! The hours put in really paid off. Absolutely gorgeous :)

Joni Parker

This is really beautiful!! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs ... and Congrats!! Be sure to get over there and see why!!!

Anonymous

Beautiful LO. Thanks for joiningus at the Alphabet Challenge. x

Ladybug

Simply beautiful! Congrats on the Top 3!

I became a follower -- was totally in awe w/ that LO of yours! :-)

Post a Comment